Thursday 29 June 2017

(Sponsored) NEOGEN Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine & Real Fresh Foam Cleanser Cereal Review

NEOGEN Dermalogy
I am  a fan of exfoliating my skin. From traditional facial scrubs until the recently surfacing trend of chemical exfoliation, I love them all. Exfoliating your skin has many beneficial results; some of them are to unclog your pores (resulting in smaller-looking pores!), encourage new skin growth, improves blood circulation, and basically makes your skin looks clearer and healthier.

I have been seeing this Korean brand Neogen Dermalogy keeps popping up in my social media. Unlike the majority of Korean brands that comes with cutesy-packaging approach, Neogen Dermalogy looks very professional and have this skin-clinic vibe. My skin normally doesn't really fancy Korean skincare, but I got intrigued by this particular brand because apparently, it is already sold on Sephora US website

In this post, I'm gonna review two products from Neogen Dermalogy: their hero product Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling in Wine and the Real Fresh Foam Cleanser in Cereal.

Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling in Wine


The gauze peeling is apparently what makes Neogen Dermalogy famous. This innovative product combines both physical and chemical exfoliator system. It is the first product that I knew that has double technology like this. 

So, what's the difference between physical and chemical exfoliator? 

Physical exfoliator is your more traditional exfoliator e.g. your facial scrubs, facial brush (like Clarisonic & Foreo), or even micro-fiber cloth.

Chemical exfoliator is basically facial peels. If your skincare contains acids like AHA, BHA, Glycolic Acid, or Lactic Acid, it can be categorized as chemical exfoliator. It basically encourages your skin to "peel" to allow new skin to grow, revealing glowing healthy skin.

The tub is sealed to prevent the pads to dry up
This Gauze Peeling from Neogen comes in pre-soaked pads form. One tub contains 30 pads, which will last you for 2-3 months depending on how often you use it. The suggestion is to use it 2-3X a week, so if you use it twice weekly like I do, this tub will last you for 15 weeks.

The pads come pre-soaked in this purple liquid, which is the chemical exfoliator essence. Since this is the Wine variant, the essence contains Resveratrol, a compound which is naturally found on the skin of red grapes. Resveratrol is a powerful anti-aging ingredient, it contains antioxidant and AHA that will encourage skin elasticity and prevent wrinkles. I need to mention that the essence smells SO GOOD. It smells like juicy grape soda 🍇  The smell is pretty strong, but it doesn't linger on your skin afterwards.
Gauze side
There are three layers on the pads. The first layer is the gauze side, which is the first step of using this product. You just rub it on your freshly-cleaned skin in circular motion, and it will physically exfoliate your skin. I like to focus on my jaw and chin area, since for me, those are the areas that normally got clogged. I prefer to use this in my evening skincare routine, since chemical exfoliation normally makes your skin more sensitive to sun rays.

The second layer is the soaked cushion pads, which contains a generous amount of wine essence. This layer is located in between the first and third layer of the pad. There is pocket on each pads that allows you to slide your fingers for easier application.
Embossed side
After using the gauze layer, you can start using the third layer, which is the embossed side to clear away the remaining essence. The embossed side makes sure that all the remaining dirt got trapped, leaving your skin feels really clean. This third layer feels soft on my skin, unlike the gauze side.

You can immediately wash your face with water afterwards, but I'd like to let the essence sits on my skin for a minute or two before rinsing it. I usually brush my teeth while waiting before rinsing away the wine essence from my skin.

My face feels very bouncy and smooth after using this product. I have been using this for two weeks, and I didn't experience breakout like what normally happens when I use Korean skincare. There is no brightening effect on me yet, but I guess two weeks is quite short to judge whether this product really live up to its full claims or not.

I'd definitely continue using this product because of its practicality and I'm curious to see long-term result of using this product. There are three variants for this: Wine (Anti-Aging), Lemon (Brightening), and Green Tea (Anti-Inflammation). I'm interested to try the Green Tea variant once I'm done with the Wine.

The Bio-Peel retails at IDR293,300 per tub (30 pads). While it looks on the more pricey side, but since it can last for about 3 months, I think it's quite worth the price. I'd like to use one pad per use, however some people cut the pads half to prolong the usage of one tub, but I think if you cut it in half, some of the essence will get squeezed out during the cutting process? If you cut it in half, please let me know in the comment section if my theory is right haha.

Pros:

+ Practical, contains both physical & chemical exfoliator
+ Doesn't break me out
+ Immediate result: bouncy & smooth skin
+ Smells good

Cons:

- A bit pricey
- Doesn't have brightening effect yet after two weeks of usage
- Big packaging, not travel-friendly (however you can buy the travel pack here for IDR123,400/8 pads)

You can purchase this product on Benscrub or Beauty Haul Indo.

Real Fresh Foam Cleanser in Cereal


The second product that I'd like to review is the Real Fresh Foam in Cereal.

It is a foaming cleanser that comes in four variants: Cereal (Brightening), Blueberry (Moisturizing), Cranberry (Anti-Aging), and Green Tea (Antioxidant). In this post, I'm gonna review the Cereal variant.


The first thing that I noticed about this product is the packaging. It has real plants and fruits sitting on the bottom of the bottle! How cute is that! Since mine is cereal variant, it has grains floating around on the bottom. Other variants have different ingredients floating around too, depending on the key ingredients, for example, the green tea variant has green tea leaves inside.

At first, I thought that the grains are floating inside the liquid cleanser, however after I observe some more, the grains are basically decorations only since it's not mixed with the actual liquid cleanser that you use. You can see from the picture above that the grains are separated from the real cleanser. Clever marketing gimmick to trick you into thinking your cleanser is really soaked in the real ingredients, I must say haha.


Aside from the packaging, I really like the formula and texture of this cleanser. Unlike most Korean foaming facial foam that has thick foam consistency, this Neogen cleanser's foam has airy and light texture. One pump is enough for me to clean my whole face. It smells like breakfast oat and it feels super refreshing to use.

These cleansers retail for IDR206,000/160ml, and you can buy them also on Benscrub and Beauty Haul Indo. 

Pros:

+ Light & airy foam
+ Doesn't break me out
+ Feels refreshing
+ Smells good

Cons:

- A bit pricey
- Gimmicky packaging

I am given these products by Clozette Indonesia & Neogen Dermalogy Indonesia for review purpose, however my opinion about these products is my honest opinion and review.

Thanks for reading & visiting, Loves! Talk to you soon 😘

1 comment:

  1. The wait is over now, lifestyle physicians has come up with the most demanding offers, If you are looking for bio peel treatment, or Botox facial treatment sale in Gainesville VA , or O shot/ P shot therapy Mother’s Day offers visit us today, We have exciting deals during mother's day for you to save money, visit our website now to know more about and get an amazing discount on various services.

    ReplyDelete