Wednesday 11 September 2013

My Favorite Lipstick: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream!

Hiya people! I've been wanting to share my favorite lipstick ever: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream! 

Before, I usually only use lip tint as lip color, because I like how it makes my lips look naturally pink and healthy. However, if I want to get a more vivid color, I still need to apply lipstick on top of it. The problem with lipstick is, I need brush applicator to apply it neatly, and it's so troublesome to bring along the lip applicator in my bag. I don't have travel size applicator, btw.

For the record, I always use matte lipstick every now and then. Since my lips is already thick, it makes me looks like I just ate fried food if I use glossy lipstick -__- So oily! Damn ugly hahaha xP

As for the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, I've been using it several times, and I love it so much! There is no downside at all for this product, in my humble opinion :) 

NYX said that this lippie is "neither lipstick or lip-gloss", and I totally agree with that. The tube looks like lipgloss, with a brush applicator attached on the tube cap. It is a matte lip cream, and the consistency of the lip cream is like, well, cream-like! It's very easy to use, and it smells like vanilla cake <3 Here's the official NYX page for this product.

In total, the Soft Matte Lip Cream has 13 colors, ranging from nude color to bright pink. For me, I have this product in two shades.

Pink and red
Amsterdam and San Paulo
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo

San Paulo
San Paulo is a plummy pink color. The base color is similar like my natural lip color, only more pinkish. 

On brush applicator
That's how San Paulo looks like under natural daylight. 

On my lips
And that's how it looks like on my lips. I like how the color looks just nice, not too dark and not too pale. Perfect color for daily look! :)

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam

Amsterdam
Amsterdam is described as "pure red" by NYX, however, I find it's more like orange-y red. 

On brush applicator
It's red, but not too overpowering until it makes my face looks pale. 

On my lips
That's how it looks like on my lips. I use it when I need a bit of drama in my life hahaha xP 

I bought both of the lipstick in Jakarta, at IDR95,000 each (about SGD12), which I think is worth the price! It's better than all the lipsticks I ever had before, like Revlon, Etude, and Nature Republic. If you like matte lip color, this product is for you :)

I found that my previous matte lipsticks tend to make my lips dry, however, for this NYX product, it does not make my lips dry, though it does not moisturize my lips either. 

When you first apply it, the texture is creamy, however after about 15 minutes, it becomes matte and when I touch my lips with my finger, the color doesn't stain my finger at all. When it is already dried, I usually apply lip balm to moisturize my lips. This lipstick can last for hours if you don't eat or drink. 

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this lipstick! Will definitely re-purchase! Great work, NYX! :)

Love,

Chikka

p.s. Golf Nails! Check it out here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment