Friday 27 October 2017

(Review & Swatch) LAYN Cosmetics Multi Lipstick

I love makeup. And I love fashion too. So when I stumbled upon this makeup brand LAYN Cosmetics (@layncosmetics) on Instagram, I instantly fell in love. Why? Because the way they showcase their brand reminds me so much of New York Fashion Week vibe! Go check their Instagram page and you'll get what I mean ;) I especially like their short, no-fuss tutorial videos, even though the woman voice makes me laugh since it reminds me of my English Listening test during my primary school class :p

At first, I didn't know that LAYN is a local Indonesian brand. I mean, seriously, starting from their concept, product, packaging, and branding, it screams New York to me. Information about the brand is also quite limited since they just recently launched and their website is not really set up yet.

Their first product is called The Multi-Lipstick, a very apt name since apparently you can use the lipstick as eyeshadow and blush too. There are five earthy shades currently available: Mona (Orange Brown),  Zsa Zsa (Muted Rose), Turell (Mauve), Miro (Brownish Red), and Daisy (True Brown).
I got myself this Multi-Lipstick in shade Mona. I was thinking which shade I wanted to get first, and I was torn in between Mona or Zsa Zsa, however I ended up choosing Mona since I always love orange/peach-toned lip color and apparently Mona is no exception.

Now let's talk about the packaging. The acrylic square tube is housed in white box made from a very good quality waxed-cardboard. The brand name is embossed in black and the overall design seems very fashionable to me. The acrylic tube itself feels sturdy and has nice weight to it, with the brand name printed in white on the tube.

Texture-wise, this Multi-Lipstick reminds me so much of MAC lipstick in Satin finish, but with sheerer opacity. It's creamy and has medium pigmentation, feels lightweight on lips and has satin finish. It lasts for a good 2-3 hours on my lips with no food and only drinking water with straw before it starts to get sheerer and I need to re-apply for better opacity.

I also like to use this lipstick as blush, since the earthy orange-brown tone really liven up my pale yellow complexion with natural finishes. Thanks to its satin finish, it creates a subtle glow on my cheeks. I was afraid it will look patchy as blush, but actually its texture is very blendable. I don't like to use this as eyeshadow though, since I have oily lids and the creamy texture of this lipstick tends to crease on my lids.
Here's the swatch of Mona on my arm and on my lips. Overall, I really admire this brand and I'm considering to get Zsa Zsa and Turell next 🙈

You can get LAYN Multi-Lipstick from Bobobobo, Ara Jakarta, or directly from LAYN through text/WhatsApp on +6282111962235. The Multi-Lipstick retails for IDR150,000/SGD15; a fair price for the quality of the product, in my opinion 🙆

Thanks for visiting and reading, Loves, I hope this review is helpful for you, talk to you soon! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment