Monday 30 October 2017

(Sponsored) SPA ESSENTIA Face & Body Care Review

As a beauty & skincare enthusiast, I feel so happy that I live in Indonesia, a place where the nature produces so many beneficial plants for our skin's health. As much as I believe in scientific skincare, I believe that the best skincare comes from a combination between good natural ingredients as well as scientific approach.

That's why I'm so thrilled when I got the opportunity to try and review local brand Spa Essentia skincare products from Clozette Indonesia. Spa Essentia is a natural skincare brand created under PT Essentia Tritunggal, with a close business relationship with Indonesian leading spa company PT Indo Gaya Spa. Since this is a local company, they source their natural ingredients locally too, meaning that we support local business while using their products to take care of our skin.

In this post, I'm gonna review Spa Essentia's face & body care; all products are proudly made in Indonesia with the best natural essential oils and vitamins as the key ingredients. The packaging is dominated with deep blue and silver color, and all products except the face & eye lotion are sealed with foil for hygienic purpose.
Body Care Range:

1. Skin Refiner Body Scrub

Key Ingredients: Vitamin E, Chamomile Extract, Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado Seed

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of exfoliating my body even though I exfoliate my face regularly. The reason is because it's hard to find body scrub that is gentle enough for me. I find common body scrub is too harsh for my skin and it often irritates my skin after I scrub my body.

This is not the case with Spa Essentia's body scrub. Since its exfoliants are made from natural avocado seeds, it is gentle enough on my skin yet still makes my dead skin cells disappear and leave me with nice & smooth skin.

Another good thing about this scrub is, it feels super moisturizing on my skin! After I scrub and rinse my body, it feels so supple as though I just used body oil on my skin. This scrub also smells pleasant, like natural herbs that you normally find in Indonesian spa.

I super love this body scrub and will definitely repurchase when it runs out 👍

I couldn't think of any cons from this product, but perhaps for some people the scent is too herbal for their liking and the scrub is too gentle for them, however I don't have any issue in those two departments☺

2. Skin Refiner Body Moisturizer

Key Ingredients: Vitamin E, Chamomile extract, Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitamin B5

This body lotion moisturizes my body well and smells amazing if you like Indonesian herb scent. I understand that this kind of scent is not for everyone, but I personally find it relaxing and it instantly makes me feel like I'm in a spa haha.

This creamy lotion is lightweight and is fast-absorbed by the skin. I really like the fact that the key ingredients they use are really natural and beneficial for our skin!

Spa Essentia's Skin Refiner Body Scrub & Body Moisturizer both retail for Rp100,000/100ml.

Face Care Range:

1. Skin Refiner Face Scrub

Key Ingredients: Vitamin E, Chamomile Extract, Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado Seed

This face scrub also smells like the body scrub, and the key ingredients are also similar. However, the texture of the beads are finer and gentler compared to the body scrub. I have tried using this scrub on my face for the past two weeks (once a week), and so far it doesn't break my skin out yet it exfoliates my skin gently and effectively.

Spa Essentia Skin Refiner Face Scrub retails for Rp99,900/40ml

2. Skin Refiner Face Milk Cleanser

Key Ingredients: Avocado Oil, Vitamin E, Apricot Kernel Oil, Chamomile Extract

This is the only product that I received that I'm not really fond of. Since I have oily skin, I generally avoid using milk cleanser because they are normally targeted for dry skin that needs extra moisture. 

I normally just use lip & eye makeup remover, cleansing oil, and then cleansing foam/bar to clean my face thoroughly from makeup at the end of the day. In my opinion, milk cleanser is an outdated product since now cleansing oil offers the same moisturizing effect yet with superior cleansing power compared to the milk cleanser.

I tried using this cleanser once, and as per my expectation, its cleansing power is not enough to remove my full-face makeup. In the end I still use my Laneige cleansing oil so this cleansing milk just adds another unnecessary step in my skincare regime. However, I must admit after I use this milk cleanser my face does feels moisturized and supple, and I'm glad it didn't break me out.

Even though I'm not a fan of this product, I think some of you with dry skin will appreciate the added moisture this cleanser provides. This cleanser comes in white creamy mousse-like texture, with faint lavender scent. I like the scent since it's quite relaxing and it's not overpowering.

Spa Essentia Skin Refiner Face Milk Cleanser retails for Rp120,900/100ml.
3. Skin Refiner Face & Eye Day Lotion

Key Ingredients: Wheat protein oil, UV protectant, vitamin E oil, chamomile extract, geranium essential oil, lavender essential oil, rose essential oil, patchouli essential oil, orange essential oil.

Now this product is my favorite among this range! This facial moisturizer comes in glass bottle with pump, and it comes in a generous size of 50gr.

Even though it is a day moisturizer, I use this as my night moisturizer since it smells like lavender and it helps me to sleep better. This lotion is moisturizing enough for my oily skin, and the texture is creamy yet lightweight. It doesn't clog my pores and I really like to dab this lotion on my eyes on top of my eye cream for added moisture.

My only complaint is the label on the bottle is cheaply made and printed on non-waterproof paper. I think for skincare products, it's best to use waterproof label since my hands are normally very moisturized when holding the bottle, resulting the label on the bottle to be quite damp after I use it haha.

Spa Essentia Skin Refiner Face & Eye Day Lotion retails at Rp149,900/50gr.
Here's the texture of all the products I mentioned above. From top to bottom:

1. Milk Cleanser
2. Body Moisturizer
3. Face Scrub
4. Body Scrub
5. Face & Eye Day Lotion

Overall I really like Spa Essentia's products mentioned above and I highly recommend those for you who are looking for natural skincare products.

You can get Spa Essentia's products directly from their website or through their Instagram account @spaessentiajakarta. Also, don't forget to follow Clozette Indonesia on Instagram @clozetteid to get the latest update about Beauty & Fashion!

I hope this review is helpful for you, Loves, thank you and talk to you soon 😘 ❤ 

No comments:

Post a Comment