Monday 6 November 2017

(Review & Swatch) Luxcrime Ultra Satin Lipstick

A new addition to local lipstick! Thank God this time, it's not a liquid matte lipstick (boring πŸ™ˆ). I honestly very rarely use my matte liquid lipstick now because I'm more into healthy, plumped lip look nowadays. These days, if I want to get soft matte lip look I will reach for Rollover Reaction & Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet because their results are more towards creamy natural matte instead of dead matte that makes your lips look all wrinkly.

Anyway, I want to do review for this Luxcrime Ultra Satin Lipstick in shade Her Majesty. Luxcrime was initially only had skincare products, but now they have expanded their products to makeup as well. This Satin Lipstick is their third makeup product after Ultra Lipmatte Liquid Lipstick and Golden Eyes Eye Shadow Palette.

There are five shades in total for the Ultra Satin Lipstick range, mostly are dominated with warm colors. The five shades are:
  1. Right Time : Neutral Mauve Pink
  2. Flamboyant : Bright Rosy Pink (in my opinion this leans more towards coral rather than rosy pink)
  3. Her Majesty : Red Brownish
  4. Mars Flash : Red Rose (in my opinion this leans more towards raspberry than red rose)
  5. Radiance : Warm Peach
At first I wanted to get Radiance, but after some consideration I decided to get Her Majesty instead because I have way too many peach lipsticks already haha. Plus, Her Majesty looks like a solid lipstick version of Rollover Reaction Maxwell, and I'm not mistaken about that. Her Majesty looks super similar like RR Maxwell on me, which is good because RR Maxwell is a limited edition color so when it's discontinued I can use Luxcrime Her Majesty instead hehe.

Now let's talk about the packaging! This Ultra Satin Lipstick has one of the most beautiful lipstick packaging I've ever seen 😍 The box is in triangle shape, dominated with white and gold foils. The lipstick casing is also dominated with white and matte gold hues. The shape of the casing reminds me of Old Hollywood lipstick casing, oh-so-glamour! Initially, I thought due to the beautiful packaging this lipstick will cost quite high, but it's only Rp95,000/SGD10 each! Such a steal omg.

Moving on to the formula, Luxcrime claims that this lipstick has satin finish (self-explanatory on the product name lol). However, after I tried it this lipstick has a more soft-matte finish rather than satin finish. It glides so smoothly on lips though, making this lipstick quite unique because it applies like satin, creamy lipstick but with soft-matte finish. It is worth to mention that this lipstick already has BPOM/Indonesian FDA approved, so you know that the formula is safe.

I have wore it during an office day, and it lasts quite a decent time for a solid lipstick, around 3-4 hours. Its formula is also not drying even though it's not moisturizing either. This lipstick has faint floral scent, but the scent doesn't linger after the application.

Here's the swatch of Her Majesty on my arm and on my lips:
To summarize, I really like Luxcrime Ultra Satin Lipstick in shade Her Majesty. I actually want to get more in other shades, but honestly the rest of the shades don't really appeal to me since the colors are quite common and I already have lipsticks with similar colors like those. Well, I also already have similar color like Her Majesty (RR Maxwell) but since RR Maxwell is a limited edition I don't mind getting another lipstick with similar shade just in case I run out of RR Maxwell hehe.

You can purchase these lippies from Sociolla & Shopee for IDR95,000 each.

Thanks for visiting & reading, Loves! Talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment