Thursday 14 December 2017

(Review & Swatch) COLOURPOP Supernova Liquid Eye Shadow


Heyho! Feeling super festive already, aren't we? In this post, I want to share the review and swatches of my current favorite eye shadows: Colourpop Supernova Liquid Eye Shadow! These shadows are super sparkly, making them very appropriate for creating various glam holiday looks.

There are 5 shades in total and I got all of them except the shade "Walk of Fame" (it was out of stock). Now, let's begin with the review! ♡
Packaging

The packaging of these shadows are very similar like their concealers. It's shorter and chubbier than their liquid lipstick tubes, but apart from the size, the design is pretty standard for Colourpop: clear plastic tube with CP logo and product name printed in holograms with a silver cap. It also comes in a cardboard box with galaxy theme prints. Super pretty!

The applicator itself is a flat doe-foot applicator instead of a curved one like the lipsticks. I personally find that the applicator works just perfect to apply the shadows onto my lids.
Texture & Longevity

Many people said that these CP shadows are the perfect dupe for Stila's Magnificent Metals Liquid Eye Shadows, at the fraction of the price. I actually haven't try the Stila one because it's so friggin expensive (around IDR375,000/pop, CRAZY EXPENSIVE I KNOW RIGHT), but I've been admiring the results from those shadows on other beauty bloggers' Instagram & YouTube. 

Still, I don't have the heart to actually spend that amount of money for ONE eyeshadow shade. That's why, I'm so thrilled when CP announced that they're launching the Supernova shadow! From the pictures, they look very similar like the Stila one, and is priced much much more affordably (I purchased mine for Rp135,000 each). 

When you first apply it, the texture of these shadows is creamy & sticky, making it very blendable. Once it dries down, it doesn't feel sticky anymore; you can feel the grittiness of the glitters when you pat your finger on it, but it doesn't feel sharp or irritating at all on the lids. It's completely smudge-free, budge-free, and it doesn't crease too once it dries down! I used these shadows with Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion and these shadows still look perfect AF even after 12 hours of wear. 

I initially thought that these shadows will be a pain in the ass to remove, but it's actually very easy to remove them using makeup remover (I use bi-phase makeup remover from Nivea).
The only con I can think of from these shadows is that they're pretty sheer once you blend it out. They are super pigmented when you dab it on the lids with the applicator, but after blending, it turns sheerer afterwards. I find that the best way to use these are by layering them on top of your shimmery powdered eye shadow (CP Super Shock Shadows work well too). These way, your eyes will look as though you have the whole galaxy on your lids. YES THEY ARE THAT GOOD! See how the shade Moonlit looks like on my lids here).

You can see the swatches of these shadows when they catch light above, and how they look at normal lighting below. 
My favorite shade is definitely Moonlit! It's a super pretty purple with silver and pink glitters, and it's the most pigmented one among all four. Colourpop, please please please release more shades SOON! I am totally obsessed with these babies and can't wait to get more shades.

You can purchase these shadows from online shops or marketplaces for around IDR130,000-175,000 each. I purchased mine from Shopee and Beautyhaulindo, but I think they're out of stock at the moment. Hopefully they will restock soon and with more shades! I saw yesterday on CP's Instagram that they're releasing three new shades for these and I can't wait to get my hands (and lids!) on them.

I hope this review is helpful for you Loves, thanks for dropping by and talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment