Sunday 24 December 2017

(SPONSORED) ABSOLUTE NEW YORK #AbsolutelyFABLips Review & Swatch


Last week, I was invited by Absolute New York & Clozette Indonesia to ANY's #AbsolutelyFABLips event along with other beauty bloggers. This event took place in ANY's store in level 3 East Mall Grand Indonesia. It was held to introduce ANY's #AbsolutelyFABLips lip collections: Modest Matte, Perfect Pair, and Glossy Stain.

As explained by Ci Hanny (PR Manager from ANY), the #AbsolutelyFABLips collection is inspired by 2017 lip trends: matte nude lips, ombre lips, and lip stains. Modest Matte is a liquid lipstick with soft-matte finish with all of the shades available come in nude color family. Perfect Pair is a unique lip product; it has two sides, one is creamy lipstick and one is lip liner. With this product, you can create ombre lips easily! Glossy Stain is similar like Korean lip tints but with many unique shades that can't be found in K-beauty brands.

Since it was nearly Christmas, ANY team generously prepared some Christmas donuts and coffee from Dough Darlings 😍
Here's the swatch of all 9 shades of the Modest Matte (bottom row) and 7 shades of Glossy Stain (top row). I didn't get to swatch the Perfect Pair, but you can see their full shades here.
Top: Glossy Stain, bottom: Modest Matte
Some pictures from the event:

Please pardon my misbehaving bangs :(
Picture time with other beauty bloggers and ANY's PR Ci Hanny
Each of us was given the new lip products in our chosen shades for review purpose. I chose "Girl Next Door" for Glossy Stain, "Veiled" for Modest Matte, and "Old Hollywood" for Perfect Pair.

Now let's move on to the review and swatch of these babies!


Glossy Stain

As I mentioned before, Glossy Stain is very similar like Korean lip tints. But unlike Korean lip tints, these Glossy Stains are more pigmented and the shade selection is very wide! Korean lip tints normally only come in bright reds, pinks, and oranges. I never see Korean brand that has any dark or brownish shades.

Unlike Korean lip tints, ANY's Glossy Stains come in muted colors too like mauve and brownish-red. The shade that I chose is "Girl Next Door", a very pretty pinkish-mauve with purple undertone. Beside the great shade selections, I also like ANY's applicator, it's a pointy doe-foot applicator, making the application of this stain is such a breeze!

The texture of this lip stain is pretty thin but non-drying. It's quite easy to apply this stain evenly, and the result on the lips is not patchy at all. The longevity of this lip stain is insane! It really lasts all day on me even with eating and drinking. One thing to note though, once I finished eating and pat my lips with tissue, the color of the stains changed into bright pink on my lips.
Glossy Stain Applicator
Modest Matte

This creamy liquid lipsticks instantly remind me of NYX's Lip Lingerie. With all 9 shades come in trendy nude colors, I can see this lipsticks quickly becoming favorites among beauty enthusiasts.

Modest Matte comes in basic lip cream packaging; it's very similar like NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream packaging but taller. The shade that I chose is "Veiled", a dark brown that gives me that '90s makeup look.

Its applicator is a flat long doe-foot. I don't have any problem with the applicator since it applies the product easily. The texture of the lip cream itself is pretty creamy. At first layer, it looks quite patchy but on second layer, it can cover my whole lips entirely. It feels quite heavy when the lip cream is freshly applied, but once it sets, it feels very lightweight.

The Modest Matte Lip Cream is also very long-lasting. Once it sets, this lip cream is totally transfer-proof. I can't remove it with wet wipes; it needs a proper makeup remover that contains oil to clean it thoroughly. With bi-phase makeup remover, removing this is no problem at all. This lip cream can easily lasts 6-7 hours on me with light eating and drinking, yet it doesn't feel drying on my lips.
Modest Matte Applicator
Perfect Pair

Perfect pair is my favorite product among these three! It's such an innovative lip product; one side is a creamy lipstick, and the other side is a lip liner that is darker than the creamy lipstick, so you have everything you need to create that perfect ombre lips.

I chose the shade "Old Hollywood", with the creamy lipstick comes in peachy nude shade, while the lip liner comes in brownish red shade. The texture of both sides are very creamy. The lip liner is less creamy  compared to the lipstick but it's still pretty blendable. 

It is pretty long-lasting too for a non-matte lipstick. Without eating and only drinking with straw, these last for about 3-4 hours on me. After about one hour, the finish of this turns soft-matte.
Creamy Lipstick side
Lip Liner side
Here's the ombre lips I created using the Perfect Pair Lipstick:



Swatches

Here's the swatch of those three lip products on my hand and on my face:
T-B: Perfect Pair (Creamy lipstick, Lip Liner) in "Old Hollywood", Glossy Stain in "Girl Next Door", Modest Matte in "Veiled"
L-R: Perfect Pair (worn as ombre lips) in "Old Hollywood", Glossy Stain in "Girl Next Door", Modest Matte in "Veiled"

Final Verdict

I really like the Perfect Pair & Glossy Stain. These two lip products are pigmented and very easy to use. Not to mention, the shade selections are very wide and all is very pretty too! I think I will get more shades from these two products in the near future hehe.

The Modest Matte however, is a bit of a disappointment. It is a bit sheer since it requires at least 2 layers to cover my lips entirely. Also, it's a bit hard to spread this evenly too since it has a tendency to look patchy. However, I still think it's a decent lip product, especially since it offers such unique nude shades that are very popular nowadays.

I'm so glad that none of these lip products is drying on me. They all feel comfortable on my lips and I don't need to use lip balm beforehand to prep my lips.

You can get all of these lip products from ANY's stores or website. These lip products are also very affordable! The Glossy Stain is IDR130,000 each, and both of the Modest Matte & Perfect Pair is IDR155,000 each.

Thanks for dropping by Loves, happy holiday and talk to you soon! 😘

2 comments: