Monday 11 December 2017

(Review) Rosé All Day Lip & Cheek Duo

Often dubbed as Indonesian Glossier, Rosé All Day charmed its way to win our hearts with their lovely pink packaging and no-makeup makeup look shades. Their first product is the Lip & Cheek Duo, a multi-use lipstick that you can use on your lips as well as on your cheeks to add pop of colour.

There are 2 collections for the Lip & Cheek Duo: The original shades (Fizz, Pop, Clink) and 5 by Rosé, a collaboration with 5 Indonesian women entrepreneur (Elizabeth, Maria, Julie, Belinda, & Sabrina). The 5 by Rosé collection is actually a charity project, with 100% of the profit will be donated to educate women entrepreneurs to kick start their own business. Talking about beauty with a purpose! Mine is in shade Julie, one of their 5 by Rosé collections.
As usual, let's start with the packaging first. This lipstick comes in cardboard box material dominated with white and pink colour. The tube is made from lightweight plastic material, painted with metallic light pink, with the logo of Rosé printed in white. You can see what shade the tube contains from the transparent plastic on the bottom of the tube.

Texture-wise, this lipstick comes a bit dry in my opinion, and it requires some tugging in order to cover my lips entirely. It also has a faint scent of pleasant baby powder.  The shade Julie is a bright and cheerful coral colour, but due to its brightness, it looks quite patchy when I first apply it on my lips. I find that the best way to wear this shade is to smear some from the tube on my lips, and then use a lip brush to spread the colour evenly.

It has soft matte finish, and I find that if I use this lipstick without lip balm, the lipstick tends to crumble at the end of the day. It's not drying, but I really hate crumbly lipstick. I will always make sure I use lip balm or lip gloss whenever I use this Lip & Cheek Duo to avoid the crumbling. As blush, I also find it to be hard to blend since it's pretty dry. It results in blotchy and uneven colour on my cheeks. Not recommended as blush, in my opinion.

The lasting power of this lipstick is quite decent, around 4-5 hours with light drinking and no eating. Here's the swatch on my arm and on my face (as you can see from my arm swatch, this shade looks quite patchy; I'm not sure with other colors though):
At the price of Rp165,000 each, I actually expect better texture from this lipstick; something more creamier and hydrating. However, when they're on sale I think they become pretty affordable (normally they will run sale between 10%-30% from time to time) and it's worth to try them. I actually purchased Julie when it was on 10% discount on Sociolla, so I only paid Rp148,500. 
You can purchase these lippies online from their websiteSociolla, or Love and Flair. They're also available offline at Love and Flair Boutique and Glow Beauty Department Store in Plaza Indonesia. They have tester there so you can see and try them first before actually making purchase ;)

I hope this review is helpful for you, thanks for reading and talk to you soon Loves! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment