Sunday 4 February 2018

Hair Update! Strawberry Shortcake & Grape Hair 🍇🍓😍✨

Pardon the hair strand on my eye
CNY is fast approaching, so it's time to get a new hair cut! Since I decided to cut my hair short, I need to say goodbye to the bleached part of my hair 😭  It feels as though I'm seeing money being torn apart when I looked at the strands of bleached hair on the floor #cheapo #lebay #frugalbaby

Even though it's sad to chop down my bleached hair, I must admit I really like this new short hairstyle. I cut my hair with my go-to hair dresser, Mas Endi from Irwan Team Grand Indonesia. Do book appointment ahead if you want to get your hair cut by him since he's not always on shift at Grand Indonesia outlet.

After chopping my hair short, I planned to bleach the bottom part of my hair again and this time, with a new color. I was torn apart between coloring my hair pink-orange or pink-purple. After careful consideration (and a short polling Instastory post), I decided to go with pink-purple. Why? Perhaps because Ultra Violet is Pantone's 2018 color hehe #millennials

Before jumping into the coloring part, I need to bleach my hair again. Sigh. I've always hate bleaching process, the last time I bleached my hair, it took me 5x before my hair is light enough to receive color on it. However, this time I tried a new salon (Shanto Lee at Kelapa Gading area), and apparently they use a newer bleach product so it only took me 2x bleaching to get this kind-of blonde hair.

Blonde, but SO DRY AND DAMAGED :(
Once my hair is light enough, the fun part begins! I use Pravana Vivids in Magenta and Pulp Riot in Jam for the pink & purple shade (each tube cost Rp300,000 at @pravanaindonesia). I asked the hairdresser to get 3 empty bowls for the hair color paste: one for the pink, one for the purple, and one for him to mix the pink & purple to create a new shade. This way, the colors on hair will look more united and have prettier ombre effect.

L-R: Pravana Vivids Magenta, Pulp Riot Jam
The color turned out SO LOVELY OMG. This is my favorite hair color so far hehe. Now my homework is to put on hair mask often in order to treat my damaged and dried hair :( See the ombre effect in motion below (please pardon my expression 😅) 


My hair is now ready for CNY hehe! I have around 2 weeks to treat it with hair mask so on the D day at least it will look healthier 🙏

Thanks for dropping by Loves, I hope this post is helpful for you if you want to color your hair, talk to you soon 😘


No comments:

Post a Comment