Monday 19 February 2018

(SPONSORED) LAKME Makeup: Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette, Moonlit Highlighter, Blush Duos, Lip Pout Matte Review & Swatch

By this time now, you must have heard of Lakme. This Unilever-owned cosmetics has been storming up Indonesian beauty community with their large makeup selections and heavy marketing.

I have reviewed one of Lakme's product before (Argan Lip Color, read it here) and now, I was generously sent more of their makeup by @lakmeprgirl 😊 I actually only asked for the Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette in shade French Rose and Moonlit Highlighter, however she generously sent me the Blush Duos in Pink and also Lip Pout Matte in shade Hot Cinnamon and Plum Temptation. Thank you so much for the love, Lakme 😘

I have been using these products for quite a while now, so let's review these babies one by one!

Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette - French Rose

I was so excited to try this eye shadow palette because all of the colors look so pretty! These color combinations of warm pinks and browns are really my cup of tea hehe. 

My first impression when I use it is that it's very pigmented! However, after I tried all of the colors, I must say that there are formula and texture discrepancies between the six shades. Some are so buttery and pigmented (top row: 1 & 2 from left, bottom row: 2 & 3 from left), but the fallouts are crazy too. The lighter colors have sheerer pigmentation and feels dry, but have minimal fallouts.

I would suggest that you use these eye shadows before you use foundation, so when there's any fallouts, you can easily clean it and cover it up with foundation. These shadows crease on me even after using eyeshadow primer (UD Eden), so by mid-day I already need to touch up my eyes so the colors look even again and not muddy.

This eye shadow palette retails for Rp300,000 each. There are 4 shades in total for this palette: Gold, Silver, Royal Persia, and French Rose. I personally think the Royal Persia offers such interesting shade selection like deep blue and electric blue. I guess if you like the shades these palettes offer, the price is justifiable since the colors are pretty unique.

Here's the swatch of this eye shadow on my arm:
Top to Bottom, Left to Right
Moonlit Highlighter & Blush Duos in Pink

Now the Moonlit Highlighter is definitely my favorite product among these! It actually consists of both highlighter and bronzer. The bronzer is suitable for light to medium skin, it's shimmery and can actually be used as eye shadow too. The bronzer is pigmented and is best used with a light hand.

The highlighter is in this gorgeous beige-champagne shade. It's very subtle and natural, perfect for daily use! This is the kind of highlighter that gives you just enough glow for day look. It won't give blinding light if you want to take picture, but trust me, this is the PERFECT daily highlighter 😍

The Blush Duos come in two colors in one pan too. I got the shade Pink, and both shades on the pan actually look quite similar to each other. The left side is perhaps more pink, while the right side is more purple.

This blush has buildable coverage, and you can use each color individually or swirl up your brush to mix the color. The pigmentation is just right, and it's pretty long-lasting on me too (around 4-6 hours). Here's the arm swatch for Moonlit Highlighter and Blush Duos:
L-R: Moonlit Highlighter, Bronzer, Blush Duos Left, Blush Duos Right, Blush Duos Mixed
The Moonlit Highlighter retails for Rp180,000 and the Blush Duos retails for Rp250,000 each.

Lip Pout Matte in Hot Cinnamon & Plum Temptation

These matte lipsticks come in crayon-like tube with silver cap. I have two shades, Hot Cinnamon (brownish nude) and Plum Temptation (Deep Berry). The formula actually feels quite dry; some tugging are definitely needed when applying these to lips. I'd like to apply some lip balm beforehand to make the application easier.

Even though it feels dry, but it's not drying on lips. It's not moisturizing either, but at least it doesn't make my lips all flaky and dry. Here's the arm swatch for both colors:
These two colors look good on me, and I can combine these two to create ombre lips too. I'd like to apply Hot Cinnamon on my lips, then dab Plum Temptation on the inner part of my lips. The color combination really looks pretty on lips hehe. Each of this Lip Pout Matte retails for Rp140,000.

Here's a quick video of how I use these products:



To summarize, I think Lakme is a legit makeup brand with good products. For me personally, I  highly recommend the Moonlit Highlighter! The Blush Duos and Lip Pout Matte are also quite good, but perhaps the eye shadow palette is a bit too expensive for the quality it offers.

Thanks for dropping by Loves, I hope this review is helpful for you and talk to you soon 😘

1 comment:

  1. eyeshadownya bikin mupengggggg :( worth to buy yak kayaknya :)

    ReplyDelete