Saturday 8 September 2018

(SPONSORED) QV Skin Care Review

Hi guys! What factor(s) make you decide which body wash or lotion do you want to use? How many of you use body wash or body lotion solely because of its scent and/or packaging and not based on how safe it is for your skin? I was guilty of that! My skin has always been generally healthy and not sensitive towards any body wash or body lotion, however, recently I have some dry patches on my skin that made me rethink my choice of body wash and body lotion.

Just in time, I received gift hampers from QV skin care and Face to Feet containing three products: QV Wash, QV Skin Lotion, and QV Cream for me to try. QV is a skin care brand from Ego Pharmaceuticals Australia, and all three products I received are made in Australia as well. Apparently, QV is no.1 dermatological skin care brand in Australia and is dermatologist-approved.

I was also invited to blogger gathering event to get to know QV skin care more. The event took place in Greyhound Cafe in Grand Indonesia, and it’s a collaboration event between Mahakam Beta Farma as QV Skin Care official distributor in Indonesia, Face to Feet as media partner, and Guardian Indonesia as official retailer for QV Skin Care.

During the event, me along with other beauty bloggers were being informed of what make QV stands out among other skincare brands in the market. There were three speakers on that day, Mdm Evi (Head of OTC from Mahakam Beta Farma) whom talked about objective of the event gathering and QV's next plan in Indonesia, Chris Arblaster (International Development Manager of EGO Pharmaceuticals) whom talked about the products, and Dr Sugianto (Sr Product Manager of QV) whom talked about skin health.

Since QV is dermatologist-approved, we can safely use it without the fear of it irritating or drying out our skin. It’s even recommended for children and elderly, so you can really feel assured that it’s THAT safe for your skin.
QV is developed for people with sensitive skin in mind, as well as people with skin allergies, eczema, psoriasis, and other sensitive skin issue. Hence why, it’s fragrance-free, detergent-free, and contains highly moisturizing ingredients like glycerin, paraffin, and petrolatum. Its formula also makes sure our skin pH is well-balanced. The fragrance-free formula is also very considerate since sensitive skin actually cannot tolerate fragrance due to its potentially irritating effect.

Prior the event, I have been using the three products sent to me, and to my surprise, I really like them (especially the QV Cream!). Without further ado, here’s my review of these three products:

  1. QV Wash:
This cleanser comes in 250ml bottle with flip-cap. It’s fragrance-free, soap-free, and it contains 15% glycerin, which is high for a body wash. The texture is very runny and it foams only a little bit. Foam is actually drying to our skin, so I really appreciate how this body wash doesn’t foam much. The texture of the foam is not dense like other soap I’ve tried, but airy and liquid-y.

My skin feels clean afterwards but not squeaky clean, which I also like since that squeaky feeling normally means that our natural body oil is being stripped off completely, hence the dry skin effect we feel not long after we showered. Remember, dry skin equals greater risk of irritation!

One thing worth to mention (since I know you guys are all savvy consumer), I noticed that even though this cleanser claims to be soap-free, I see Sodium Lauryl Sulfate as the second ingredients. SLS is commonly used in cleanser and shampoo as foaming agent, and recently have bad rep as a carcinogenic agent (which means it potentially causes cancer). However, after doing some research, there is no actual science claims that SLS is carcinogenic. As long as we don’t consume the SLS in large quantity and we wash the soap/shampoo thoroughly from our skin, it’s actually pretty harmless.

The main reason why SLS is used is due to its effective cleaning ability as well as to create the foam. Judging from how little of foam this cleanser creates, I think the amount of SLS in it is also very minimum. Again, since QV is dermatologist-approved, I don’t stress at all when seeing the SLS in the ingredient list since it’s must be safe to use after being undergone such strict quality control procedure.

This cleanser can be used on both body and face, however I do not use it on my face and only on my body.

Price for 250ml: IDR225,000
Buy offline: Guardian
Buy online: Blibli, click here

2. QV Skin Lotion:
The skin lotion also comes in same packaging like the Wash, and also contains 250ml of product. Its texture is also runny, and get absorbed very fast onto skin. My skin immediately feels moist but non-greasy afterwards.

Actually, after using QV Wash, my skin already feels moist, but just to make sure it stays that way all day since I work in air-conditioned room, it’s nice to apply the Lotion as well for extra hydration.

The main ingredients in this Lotion is 15% Soft White Paraffin, which protects and heals dry skin, as well as to maintain water-level in skin.

This lotion can be used on both body and face, however I do not use it on my face and only on my body.

Price for 250ml: IDR225,000
Buy offline: Guardian
Buy online: Blibli, click here

3. QV Cream:
Now this is my favorite among three! As I mentioned before, I started having dry patches on my skin, especially on my knuckles and palms area. They got so dry, the skin even cracked and it stings whenever I stretch my knuckles and hands.

It had been going on for a month and I’ve tried every cream, body butter, skin ointment, and petroleum jelly with no significant result. However, after only 2 days of using QV cream, the stinging sensation disappeared and the dryness significantly went away! My knuckles now feel much more moisturized and healthier.

This cream is formulated for extra dry skin, and it contains 15% glycerin, 10% light liquid paraffin, and 5% soft white paraffin. It’s a very potent cream to heal dry skin and maintain the skin during harsh weather. It’s definitely a must-have product for me, and without any doubt I will repurchase once it runs out! I keep this cream in my bag and re-apply 2-3 times a day, since I wash my hands often and hand soap is actually drying to hands. By applying this cream, my hands feels supple and healthy even though I wash it very often. So so SO in love with this cream!

Price for 100gr: IDR225,000
Buy offline: Guardian
Buy online: Blibli, click here 
To summarize, I really recommend QV skin care for people with sensitive skin, or even if you want to choose skin care with safe(r) ingredients. Even though the price is higher than other drugstore/supermarket brands skin care, but you really get high quality products.

Thanks for reading and talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment