Saturday 26 January 2019

(SPONSORED) Avène Hydrance Cream in Gel Review

I love gel moisturizers. However, despite of the refreshing texture, I found that the hydration they give are minimal. Come into the picture, is this new gel moisturizer from the beloved French skincare brand Avène: Hydrance Cream in Gel Moisturizer.

I received this product from Clozette Indonesia & Avène Indonesia, and have been using this for the past two weeks, for both my morning and night moisturizer. It pairs nicely with my two other Avène products that I'm using as well, the Eau Thermale Spring Water and the Cleansing Gel.
As for my review for this moisturizer, let's begin with the packaging. The gel cream comes in a simple white plastic tub, and housed in a cardboard box for extra protection. The tub has a stopper lid to prevent any leaking, and a spatula is also included for hygienic purpose. Each jar contains 50ml of product, enough for 2-3 months if you use it twice a day.
Despite Avène being a French brand, I'm pretty surprised to see that this moisturizer is made in Japan and not French. However, knowing that Japan also has high standard for their beauty products, I have the utmost belief that this moisturizer is very well-manufactured.
As for the product itself, Avène claims that the Hydrance Cream in Gel has 4 benefits:
  1. Gel-type moisturizer with lightweight texture
  2. Maximum hydration like cream moisturizer
  3. Gives soothing & calming effect with long-term hydration
  4. Fresh matte finish, with anti-pollutants & free radicals benefit
In my opinions, all of those claims are true to certain point. I definitely agree with point no.1 to 3; as for point no.4, I can say the matte finish is true, however I need more time to see if the anti-pollutants & free radicals claim are there as well.

I think, the cream in gel name is actually very on point. The ivory-colored gel cream feels refreshing to touch, and absorbs fast into skin. However, it also has this creamy feels to it, something that I never experience before with gel-type moisturizer, yet it doesn't feel heavy or makes my skin gets oily throughout the day. It also preps my skin well before makeup.

It hydrated my skin nicely, perhaps because it has thermale spring water in its ingredients. My skin LOVES thermale spring water, so I'm not surprised to see this moisturizer works wonder on my skin.  My skin feels so plump and bouncy after I use this.

I only have one slight concern about this product: it's not fragrance-free. This gel cream has a subtle floral fragrance that reminds me so much of French beauty products. My skin personally doesn't have any issue with lightly-scented products, but sensitive skin might want to do some trial test first to see how this cream works on your skin. 

So to summarize, do I recommend this product? Yes, I do. It's a no-fuss moisturizer which claims are very practical and comes from a legit & credible brand. I do wish Avène will make it into pump packaging though, but since it has spatula, I still feel happy about the packaging. 

The Hydrance Cream in Gel is priced at IDR589,000 and you can purchase it from Watsons (offline & online).

Thanks for reading and talk to you soon! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment