Monday 22 May 2017

(Review & Swatch) Rollover Reaction SUEDED! The Clique, Maxwell, & Penny

Rollover Reaction SUEDED! Lip & Cheek Cream
Rollover Reaction is definitely one of my favorite beauty brands. Yes, even when compared to high-end and Sephora brands, so that speaks a lot of how much I like them. With their artsy & oh-so-millenials branding, it's hard to not fall in love with them. In this post, I'm gonna do swatches and review for their first product, the SUEDED! Lip & Cheek Cream.

Formula

When RR just launched the SUEDED Lip & Cheek cream, I was skeptical about it because based on my friend's review, the formula was so bad. It was hard to apply, patchy, and caused tingling sensation to her lips. Hers was one of the colours from the nude collection,  which until now I haven't purchased (more into that later).

However, when RR launched "The Clique" collection, it piqued my interest. The collection, which consists of UMMA, MOSS, & LIVV, was inspired by the iconic 90's "It" Girls: Uma Thurman, Kate Moss, & Liv Tyler. I wanted to try LIVV so badly, because it has such unique shade: brown with orange tint to it. Since it's pretty affordable (IDR119,000 at that time, now they raised the price to IDR129,000), I thought, ok what the hell, just use my Sociolla Beauty Points to get it.

When I first tried it, it was nothing like what my friend described. The formula is creamy, has even application, non-drying, and the best part: it's the most lightweight lip cream I have ever tried. Yes, even more lightweight than Girlactik matte lip paint! It feels as though my lips are covered in clouds 😍 I purchased UMMA right after and was gifted MOSS by my friend during our Secret Santa event last year hehe. UMMA & MOSS also have the same amazing formula just like LIVV. They're not long-lasting, but I really don't mind that due to the amazing lightweight and non-drying formula.

One thing I need to note about The Clique is for the shade MOSS, which is a true brown colour. On me, even though it's still very lightweight and non-drying, it applies pretty sheer compared to UMMA & LIVV, so I need to apply more coats to get even result.

I was confused why my friend said hers is patchy and makes her lips tingle, so I did my research and asked my other friend who also have the nude shades. She also said the same thing like what my first friend said. So I take conclusion that, perhaps for The Clique shades, they have reformulated the formula? FYI, Penny, which is their latest shade, also has the same heavenly formula like The Clique.

I was still curious to try the nude shades, to see if they really have different formula with the ones I already have, so when I visited Female Daily's JakartaXBeauty event, I visited RR's booth to try all five of their nude shades.

Surprisingly, what my friends said is true! Application wise, I personally think they're the same with The Clique & Penny, all five was creamy and not patchy. However, all of them also give my lips tingling & burning sensation. I immediately removed the products from my lips using baby wipes, but the numbing sensation was still on my lips.

Now let's talk about Maxwell. It was released after the nude shades, but before The Clique. I actually gambled my luck to get this shade, because I didn't know how the formula would be. Is it gonna be like the nudes, or is it already using the new formula?  

When it was first released last year, Maxwell got sold out pretty quickly, so when last week RR announced they're bringing Maxwell back for a limited time & quantity, I really couldn't restrain myself from getting it since the colour is so gorgeous and it's a brainchild between RR and my favorite beauty instagrammer @puchh. 

When it came, I immediately swatched it on my lips and instantly fell in love 😍 The colour is the perfect brown for me! Even though it's described as brick red, on me it was more towards brown. I can't really wear brown lips because it tends to make my face looks dull, but Maxwell really compliments my NC15-20 skin with its reddish-brown shade.

Formula-wise, I thought that it was already using the new formula. However, when I wore it to office and wanted to reapply it, it kinda gave me slight tingling sensation. It wasn't as bad as the nude shades that I tried on their JakartaXBeauty booth, but it doesn't feel the same like The Clique & Penny formula.

I really think RR should look more into the formula of their nude shades & Maxwell :| It's such a shame, because their formula for The Clique & Penny is really wonderful and it is one of the best matte liquid lipstick formula I have ever encountered. 

Now let's move to the lip swatches:

MAXWELL

LIVV


MOSS

UMMA

PENNY
My favorite shades among those five is UMMA, followed by MAXWELL despite of its formula. My least favorite shade is PENNY, because I think it makes my complexion looks pale. However, I think PENNY looks prettier as blush and eyeshadow due to its rose gold hue.

I made a swatch video for these babies too, so you can see how they apply on lips, you can watch it here:



You can buy Rollover Reaction from their website or Sociolla.

Thanks for visiting, Loves. I would like to hear your thoughts about this product from RR, do you also have the same tingling sensation like I experienced in their nude shades & Maxwell?

Talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment