Wednesday 10 May 2017

Real VS Fake + Review & Swatch: Juvia's Place Saharan Palette


Hello, Loves! I finally have my review for Juvia's Place latest eyeshadow palette, the Saharan Palette. It took some time before my palette finally arrived, but I was so happy when it did because it's freaking amazing.
The Saharan Palette comes with 12 eyeshadows, ranging from matte, satin, and foiled texture, just like its predecessor the Nubian Palette. The size of the pans are as big as the ones in Nubian Palette too. There's nothing special about the packaging, it's basically still the same, with lightweight magnetic cardboard and no mirror. Like I mentioned before in my post about Nubian Palette, the quality of the packaging reminds me of City Color packaging :|

The back of the cardboard box also has some copywriting, as well as ingredients list. Unlike Nubian Palette which has brown & gold hues, the Saharan Palette has a much more brighter colour palette since it takes inspiration from African culture festivals. It is also made in PRC, just like the Nubian Palette.
Unlike The Nubian, the Saharan Palette comes with shade names! Makes it much more easier to remember and gives the palette more personality, don't you think? I'm so in love with all of the bright colours omg. The pigmentation and texture is just out of this world. Look at the shade Sokoto! It looks crazy bright on the pan but it's actually much more wearable once applied onto the eyes. I think the trick is to control your pressure during the application process.

In my previous post about the Nubian Palette, I mentioned that I have ordered the Saharan Palette and should be able to do review & swatch in a week. However, there was a hiccup when I noticed the palette that I got was fake, and I went through some time to get refunds and re-order the new one from a more trusted shop.

I tried ordering the Saharan palette from this Tokopedia seller who has money back guarantee policy if the products she sells are fake, and I saw almost all of her reviews are good, hence why I wanted to try purchasing from her instead of the seller whom I got my Nubian Palette from.

I purchased the fake one for IDR450,000, and my palette came 3 days after I made payment. However, when I first swatched it, all of the shades just feel very dry and patchy and not pigmented at all. I have used my Nubian Palette, so I know more or less how the shadows texture & consistency should feel like. Plus, I compared my swatch with reviews on YouTube and they look so different and I knew by then something is fishy.

I immediately contacted the seller, and asked where did she get the palette. She said that she didn't order it directly from Juvia's Place website but from another vendor. Luckily, she said I could just send her back the palette and she'll return my money. Her customer service is superb and I got my refunds the day after I shipped back the fake palette. I'm not gonna say what's her shop name or link its URL because I really appreciate her customer service and I don't want to bash her business.

After I got my refund, I re-ordered the Saharan palette from juicemixmax, the same shop where I got my Nubian Palette. I paid IDR515,000 for the palette, and immediately swatched it once it came. And I was right, the texture and pigmentation is completely different compared to the fake one.

You can watch my full review & swatch comparison between the real vs fake palette here:


That's it for this review, I hope it's helpful for you. Thanks for visiting, Loves, talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment