Thursday 4 May 2017

(Review & Swatch) Benefit Cheek Parade


Hello Loves! Last year, Benefit released Cheek-A-Thon, their first full-sized blush palette which contains five of their Box O' Powders. The palette was so popular last year it got sold out everywhere :x

What's so amazing about this palette is the price! One full sized Box O' Powder costs IDR470,000, but this palette which comes with five full-sized products costs IDR940,000 which is the cost of their two blushes if purchased individually. Talk about a great deal, it's buy 2 get 5 kinda deal!

However, I didn't get the Cheek-A-Thon palette because there are two blushes inside – which are Coralista & Dallas – that I don't really like. Coralista doesn't show at all on my face, while Dallas, when applied to my face is very similar with my Betty Lou-Manizers from The Balm.
Cheek Parade Palette
This year, Benefit released their second cheek palette: Cheek Parade palette (try saying that 10 times fast LOL). This second edition palette also comes with 5 full-sized Box O' Powder, and it even has two of Benefit's latest products: Hoola Lite bronzer & Galifornia blush.

I was so happy to see all of the products in this palette, which are:

  • Hoola: Taupe matte bronzer
  • Hoola Lite: A lighter version of Hoola
  • Galifornia: Golden pink blush with medium sheen
  • Dandelion: Icy pink with brightening effect, has a bit of sheen to it
  • Rockateur: Mauve dusty rose, shimmery

I'm so happy with all of the products inside this Cheek Parade, because all five are so complimenting to my NC20 skin. I couldn't help but to get this immediately. Worse, this palette was released during payday, so goodbye my hard-earned money 😭 

You can get this palette in Sephora, both online & offline, since it is exclusively available in Sephora only. My favorite products from this palette are Dandelion & Galifornia! Dandelion is the perfect daily blush, with subtle brightening effect, while Galifornia has a very pretty golden shimmer. Such gorgeous colour! It kinda reminds me of NARS Orgasm blush though.


This palette also comes with a brush, it's the same kind of brush you get inside their Box O'Powder. I have reviewed the brush in my post about Benefit Hervana, and I really like the brush. It's a good quality brush that does the job very well, not to mention how compact and travel-friendly it is. 

Another thing worth mentioning is their latest bronzer: Hoola Lite! So many fair-skinned girls said that the original Hoola is too dark for them, so Benefit comes up with Hoola's lighter sister. I love it when a company really listen to what their customers want because that's one of the key to successful business right? 

I personally can use Hoola without it being too dark on me, but I find it's nicer to mix those two bronzers for my cheeks, and Hoola Lite for my nose contour since it creates more natural shading than the original Hoola.

I made a video to swatch all five colours as well as my review for it, you can watch it here:





Thanks for visiting, Loves, talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment