Tuesday 9 May 2017

(Review & Swatch) MIZZU Valipcious Metallic Matte

MIZZU Valipcious Metallic Matte
After being in the lip trend spotlight for quite some time now, the matte lip trend has finally evolved into something new: Metallic Matte. I can't really remember which brand started to bring back this 80's/90's trend, but I remember in Indonesia, the trend started when BLP Beauty released its Christmas 2016 limited edition shade Caramel Champagne (a copper with gold shimmer lip coat), and Rollover Reaction released PENNY (a rose gold lips, eyes & cheek cream), collaborating with Helua of The Lipstick Mafiaa in early 2017.

I personally have a love-hate relationship with metallic matte lip cream. I think they're gorgeous, but I'm not sure if it will look gorgeous ON me too. Since I have oily skin, I'm scared metallic matte lips will make my face looks like a shining disco ball 🙈

I didn't try BLP's Caramel Champagne, but I got myself RR's Penny. I too, have love-hate relationship with Penny. I love it as eyeshadow & blush/highlighter, but on my lips, it makes my complexion looks pale.

Anyway, those brands are considered indie makeup brand, and I haven't really see any local mass-market makeup brand that comes up with metallic matte lip cream. However, during my visit to Female Daily JakartaXBeauty 2017 last week, I stumbled upon Mizzu's booth, and they just released Valipcious Metallic Matte Lip Cream.

It comes in 5 shades, but I only got two of them. I tried all 5 colours on their booth but only liking these two shades: Granatum (copper-cranberry) & Starry Night (bluish-purple). The metallic matte lip cream is housed in the same packaging like their previous Valipcious Matte Lip Cream and it comes with the same weight (4.5g). The applicator is also still the same. It retails for IDR79,000 each, just like the matte version.
Applicator
I have always liked Mizzu's packaging, I personally think that they're too cool to be in mass beauty brand haha. The black & white stripes strongly resemble Sephora, but with more edge. Two thumbs up for the packaging design, Mizzu!

I have tried wearing both shades when I went out, and I'm so glad that none of the shades are drying on my lips. It's enriched with shea butter & vitamin E, so perhaps that's why it's not drying. The texture is creamy and light, and even though both shades are dark, they're not patchy at all. It doesn't have any scent, and the shimmer is actually pretty subtle. You can see on my swatch above on the white paper, the shimmer is almost non-existent, but in real life, I can still see the sheen pretty well. Just the right amount of shimmer!

They're pretty long-lasting, but cannot survive meals & drinks. However, for me it's not a problem because I actually enjoy touching up and re-applying my lip product hehe. 

Now let's see the swatches on my lips!
Starry Night
I almost squee in joy when I saw this shade. It's such an unusual colour! I personally think this kind of shade normally can only be found in high-end makeup brand like MAC, Kat Von D, or Make Up Forever.

The texture, like I mentioned before, is superb. Creamy and pigmented, I only need 1-2 swipe to cover up my whole lips. It bugs me that most of the time, it's only high-end cosmetic brands that (can afford to) come up with such quirky colour. I don't want to spend too much $$$ on quirky colours, hence why I'm super happy seeing this came from Mizzu, and with such an affordable price tag! I'd die if they come up with metallic black colour. (Hint hint, Mizzu!😉)

Granatum
Granatum is a pretty copper-cranberry colour. This colour is so pretty in real life! I don't know why my camera cannot capture the shimmer haha. I can see myself wearing this shade often, it makes me feel edgy but not over the top. 

Based on Mizzu's website, the Metallic Matte series can also be used as eyeshadow, but honestly I'm not a fan of using it as eyeshadow. It just looks so sheer and the application process is quite messy.

To summarize, I really like the texture and formula of this lip cream. It feels lightweight and non-drying, but it only has 5 shades available and I don't really find the rest of the shades appealing for me. I really love the two shades I got, though. You can purchase the lip cream from Mizzu's website and Sociolla (free shipping min.IDR 200k purchase)

What do you think of metallic matte lipstick? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below :D

That's it for this review, thanks for reading, Loves! I hope this post is helpful for you, talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment