Tuesday 4 July 2017

Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover Review


As a daily makeup user, I go through eye makeup remover FAST. Like seriously, I can finish a 100ml makeup remover in one month only. Hence why, I keep looking for affordable yet gentle & effective makeup remover.

My usual go-to eye makeup remover is Up and Away Makeup Remover by Beauty Story. However, even though it's considered as drugstore brand, I find it quite pricey: IDR88,000/100ml. Despite of the price, I was still using and repurchased it because I really like its ability to clean my delicate eye area gently, yet it removes makeup effectively (even the waterproof one!).

Even though the currently trending makeup remover is Micellar Water, I personally think it's not strong enough to remove eye makeup, resulting in me need to tug more on my skin. That's why I always prefer oil-based makeup remover to clean my eye area compared to water-based one.

When Nivea released their Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover, I was curious to try it. Mainly, because it's oil-based and also because of its packaging haha. I love how sleek and compact the bottle is! I didn't even find review for this product but purchased it immediately. It is significantly more affordable than Beauty Story; it retails for IDR50,000/125ml and you can find it easily in drugstores like Watsons & Guardians or online too.

This Double Effect remover from Nivea is basically using the same system like Beauty Story's, it's made from water and oil solution, and you need to shake it prior use. The key ingredient from this is cornflower extract, it makes sure this remover cleans gently, and yet the oil makes makeup removal process fast without the need to tug the delicate eye area.

I hate how some water & oil based makeup remover feels oily yet it doesn't clean makeup thoroughly, making me need to tug and pull the cotton pad on my eyes. This is not the case with the Nivea remover. It doesn't feel overly oily yet it removes makeup fast and clean. The Beauty Story remover cleans a tad bit faster, but for the price difference, I am sure I will be using the Nivea one from now on.

You need to shake the remover before using it
I hope this review is helpful for you if you're looking for makeup remover, thanks for visiting and reading Loves, talk to you soon 😘

3 comments:

  1. We found your website is good to look at .. great work !
    For any further help related to blogger you can contact us here: www.socialviralnew.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this, Chika!! Aku mau coba ah haha. Sukses terus ya bloggingnya ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks for reading Kunti, acim loh wish nya amin amin <3

      Delete