Sunday 23 June 2013

Review: Kate Spade Fox Chapel Charlie in Heather Grey

Hello! So, as mentioned in my previous post, here's my review of Kate Spade Fox Chapel Charlie in Heather Grey!

Kate Spade Fox Chapel Charlie in Heather Grey
(source: www.katespade.kr)
Super cute baby right? *sigh happily*

I think the design is inspired by winter peacoat, making her the perfect winter bag ever! I can imagine walking down on snowy New York street, wearing peacoat while holding this baby x) 

Anyway, I saw the perfect peacoat to be matched with this bag.


Burberry Brit Peacoat
(Source: www.lyst.com)
You see, the double row of buttons resemble the front buttons on the peacoat, and the band with one button on each side resemble the peacoat's cuffs. Pair that bag with this peacoat, black tights, knee high boots, scarves, navy blue beret, and a coffee, it will be the perfect New York winter look! :)

However, it's always sunny in here (or haze-y, as for the past week :p), so I have to postpone my winter look and adapt it into summer style. It's equally cute I guess! And the color is very versatile too, I'm sure I will wear it pretty often.

The material itself is made from twill. It's actually like peacoat material, and the thickness is quite similar as well. The texture is a bit furry and nice to touch. Since it's made from winter coat material, it should be durable enough to be worn on daily basis. I did some research on how to clean twill, and it's actually quite easy to maintain.

If you accidentally stain it, it is most likely won't do any damage if you quickly clean it with napkin or tissue paper. As for routine maintenance, you can use clothes linter to clean it from dust.

The material and label plate
The handle and trimmings are made from black patent leather, and like all of KS bag, all metal work is 14K gold plated. Another thing that make me fall in love with this bag is...

Look at the lining!
The lining! So pretty right! It's made from cotton with colorful prints of retro NY theme. Love it so much! I guess that's also why I love Kate Spade (apart from design-wise), they're not just pretty outside, but are beautiful inside too xD Can make a life philosophy based on their bags hahaha! 

It's also spacious enough to fit iPad, folded umbrella, long wallet, and small water bottle. Even after I put those stuff there are still some space left. It's a nice bag for daily use!

Now, the downside(s). First, since the material is quite furry, I guess it's easier for it to catch dust? So it must be cleaned with clothes linter regularly. Also, the bag doesn't have any button or zipper to close the whole thing. You can see from the picture there is actually a zipped compartment in the middle, so I just put my small stuff and wallet inside that. 

Another downside is, since this is an old stock (from around 2 years ago), it doesn't come with dust bag :( However, it comes with original tag, care card, and receipt from Kate Spade Korea. I will find way to get dust bag to keep this! Must protect all of my bags hahaha. #crazybaglady

So, overall, it's a practical bag for daily use, and very, very worth the price I paid! I'm a happy customer hehehe :)

Here's how I pair this baby with summer-appropriate look.


Okie then, see you soon! :)

Chikka <3

*UPDATE*: How I replace the dust bag for this baby <3 Check it out here! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this purse on Poshmark in black! I can't wait! Thanks for the review. Gave me an idea of what i'd be getting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like it and hope you love the bag! It's an awesome bag :D

      Delete