Monday 24 June 2013

Look At My Pretty Nails: Watercolor Dream



I've been wanting to make watercolor nails, however, it requires pure acetone which I don't have. So, I googled to see other alternative in achieving the look without using pure acetone, and found it!

From this post at Crafty Nail, she simply just use plastic wrap to achieve the watercolor look, which I think is way easier than using pure acetone.

You basically just paint your nails with any light base color (in my case I use white), and wait for them to completely dry. This step is crucial as if you don't wait until it's really, really dry, you will mess up in the next step. (Learn it the hard way from my own experience! :p)

Next, you have to do it one nail at a time. You put drops of nail polish of colors of your choice. In here I'm using light purple, darker purple, and a light sea foam green. Before they dry, press a plastic wrap onto your nail lightly, almost like dabbing motion, until the colors are all mixed and don't look like blots anymore. If the color is too sheer, you might want to wait until it's dry and repeat this step again.

Apply top coat to finish this design! Actually, you can apply sheer glitter polish before top coat to get the more pretty and dreamy feel x) I also applied sheer silvery glitter in here.


This technique is so easy and fuss-free to do, and you can experiment with many other color combination. I personally would love to try this again in other colors. Maybe with something like this...
Source: cgarofani (link is on picture)

Hope you find this useful :) Until next post, see you! :)

Chikka

p.s. Have you check my review of Kate Spade Fox Chapel Charlie? Check it out here! :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful! Reminds me of watercolor lilacs.
    I'm glad you liked my smooshing technique lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I think your technique is much easier than using acetone :) Thanks for dropping by to my blog!

      Delete