Sunday 18 August 2013

Vacation to Puncak

Hi hi! As I mentioned before, I went to Puncak during Hari Raya last week. I went there along with my family, as well as my auntie's family from Surabaya. 

A little background about my auntie's family: when her first son was born, due to the Chinese belief, her parents-in-law said that the chinese zodiac of her son and my auntie crashed, therefore she needs to find new "parents" for her son. My auntie asked my parents to "guipang" her son, it's kind of like becoming godparents for her son, but he calls my parents mama and papa as well.

After that, my auntie had her second child, and this time the chinese zodiac crashed again -__-" But she asked another relatives from her husband's side to guipang their daughter. However, we think it's very confusing if her brother calls my parents mama and papa but she calls my parents auntie and uncle --" So now, both of my auntie's children call my parents mama and papa as well! I know this sounds so confusing, but Chinese beliefs are actually very confusing as well @_@

Anyway, both kids are very close to my family, even though they live in Surabaya and we live in Jakarta, and we only see each other once or twice a year. They both call my sister and I jiejie too :D

Here's their picture with me and my sist hehehe. Our lil' bro name is Fulgen and our meimei's name is Eugene <3 The two angels in my life!

l-r: Fulgen, my sist, Eugene, me
Anyway, here's some picture from our vacation! Throughout the vacation, we stayed at three different hotels. In total, we spent 4 nights in there.

Chilling by the pool
At the pool side xP
Enjoying pineapple popsicle
Those above are taken at Via Renata hotel. It's one of my favorite hotels in Puncak because the facility is pretty good. They have cafe by the pool, and the food is actually pretty good. The price is also not expensive considering it's inside hotel!

Matching kitteh tee with Mama!
Matching kitteh tee with Mama hehehe :) It's the Uniqlo x Lulu Guinness edition btw!

Matching Donal Duck tee with sist xP
And this time, matching Donald Duck tee with my sist x)

Sisters Power! Yeah!
<3
Hey!
Boating on tiny lake
Wishing at the Wishing Well <3
Mama & Papa!
Those are taken at Green Apple, it's like a tourist area and many attractions for kids are available, including the duck boat. I love the cute wishing well! :)

Timmy!
I met this white toy poodle called Timmy at Green Apple, he came with the uncle who sells duck boat ride, and he's so friendly! The uncle said he always needs to keep an eye on Timmy since he will always go with whoever gives sayang to him, making him a very easy target for dog kidnapping -__-

Anyway, I rub rub Timmy's head until he fell asleep omg. Heart-melt!

Super manja Timmy
Beside cute pup, I also met this stray kitteh who waited patiently until we finished our lunch and gave him leftover fried fish. Believe it or not, it's my mum who gave the fish to him! Is it a sign that my mum is going to let me have my own kitteh???? *bling bling eyes*

Eating yummy fried fish ^_^
While we were went out shopping, there was a man selling rabbits and hamsters, and to my surprise, a kitteh!

Pretty grey coat
The kitteh is so pretty, with gorgeous grey coat. However, he has the total diva attitude :| Don't want to be petted and photographed! But he's so damn pretty omg.

Gigantic papayas
Saw these jumbo papayas at local fruit seller. They're the biggest papayas I ever saw in my life!

Our next hotel is called Zuri. It's previously known as Lembah Bukit Raya Resorts, and my parents told me during the 80s-90s era this hotel was considered as luxurious hotel. However, since its golden age, the hotel has never  been renovated, maintaining its authentic 80s feel.

Rattan chair 
Vintage coat hanger
Wardrobe
Even though I love vintage stuff, staying at authentic vintage hotel is....creepy :x Some more, we've been told by the receptionist that on that night, there were only two group of guests (including us) who were staying in that hotel. Plus, the dim lighting doesn't help to warm up the ambience at all omg. Lucky nothing happened on that night hahaha! I will die if got ghost appear :|

Even though the room is pretty creepy, I love the swimming pool! It's so so retro! ><

A retro summer :)
Just chilling <3
At the kids pool
So cute right, the pool! I love the overall environment and how they put colorful plastic balls in the kid's pool. Also, love how my retro swimsuit suits the theme hehehe. I found out that my polkadot one-piece swimsuit is similar like Taylor Swift's!

The next hotel we stayed at is Puncak Pass. It's so pretty omg, and the most impressive part is....they have a fireplace inside the room!

Fireplace!

Firewood

Living room

So warm!
I'm so excited to see the fireplace hahaha! It's really cute and makes us feel warm during chilly weather. I even videotape the fireplace lol xP


Here's how our cottage looks like. In Singapore, I think something like this is called chalete, but in here we called it a cottage. Unlike chalet which is more like an apartment, cottage is an actual small house scattered around the hotel land area. Beside that, the inside is pretty similar, with living room, dining room, kitchen, and more than one bedroom.

Kitchen
Bedroom (with Eugene sleeping xP) 
Bathroom
View from outside the cottage
The view from outside our cottage looks Japanese, but I guess it's just the effect from the tree and japanese style lamp hahaha.

Family!
Ootd x)
So yeah, that's how my vacation basically went! So happy to be able to spend time with my family. Time really goes fast when you're having fun! Also, I did some shopping while I'm there, will post about my haul soon hehehe :)

See you soon!

Last picture in Puncak
Love,

Chikka

p.s. Pastel leopard nails <3 see it here

No comments:

Post a Comment