Friday 30 August 2013

50s Style Bangs ala Bettie Page

Hello! Lately, I've been looking on how to make 50s pinup girl hairstyle, especially Bettie Page's curly bangs. As you may already know, I love playing dress up with vintage style, and one of my favorite eras is the 50s! However, I'm not really good with vintage hairstyles, and I always mess my hair up in the end @__@

Betty Page's bangs, in the other hand, is simple yet cute and so easy to do! For me, since I already have bangs, I just need to roll it downside using the traditional hair roll. For long hair without bangs, I searched for tutorials on Youtube on how to create the rolled up/curly bangs, and found several videos. I found that this tutorial from JessiBombshell is one of the simplest one to follow :)

Okie, so here's how I curl my bangs!

Using traditional hair curler
Of course you can use electric hair curler, but the no-heat method is definitely healthier for your hair! I use 3 hair roll, but you might need less or more than that, depending on your bangs thickness.

3 hours later
For better result, you should curl your bangs when it is still damp, and left it overnight, but the picture above is the result after curling it for 3 hours. Spray with hairspray to make it last longer!

With headband :)
That's how the bangs look with headband. I think it will look very cute with bandana! Anyway, I did try to accessorize the curly bangs with scarf too, as pictured below :)

Trying to imitate French head scarf 
Red lips is the best for vintage look!
I just did a ponytail for the picture above and cover my head with triangle scarf. Trying to imitate the way French ladies use head scarf with my simple triangle scarf hehehe x)

Scarf as bandana 
Do I look vintage enough? x)
Another way is to use the scarf as a bandana. My hair is also done in a simple ponytail in the photo above.

The whole look :D
How I match the hair with the whole fashion :) Got that 40s inspired shirtdress from Forever 21! So happy when I found it! 
Yes indeed, Miss Hepburn!
A quote I like from Audrey Hepburn. Even though vintage style is still uncommon in Indonesia, I just feel it's really me, and yeah, I will stick with it :D I think if you feel comfy with a certain style, then just go for it, no matter what people say. Confidence is the best fashion! 

Okie then, hope this is useful for you, see you soon! :)

Much love,

Chikka

p.s. Have you see my shopping haul from Puncak? Check it out here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment