Thursday 22 August 2013

Look At My Pretty Nails: Balinese Frangipani Nails

Hello! I finally did my graduation photo shoot with my family last Sunday! It's a tradition in Indonesia for Bachelor's Degree graduate to have a proper photo studio shoot wearing the graduation robe and kebaya (if you're a girl, of course!) with your family.

I'm so excited because this is my first time wearing kebaya. It's a traditional clothing from Indonesia btw. This is how the kebaya looks like during my fitting. It's slightly too big, but the tailor will take care of it :)

Pretty in pink!
I wanted to do manicure that matches the kebaya, and at first, I planned to do batik prints. However, when I did it, epic fail zomg -___-" I think it is much much easier to do detailed prints like batik with nail art pen, which I don't have. Sigh. Must learn how to do it with the tools that I have!

So, I get new idea to do the manicure when my mum said that the kebaya makes me looks like Balinese girl, since Balinese kebaya has obi belt as well. Finally I did my nails based on the Bali theme, and I chose to do Balinese flower: Frangipani!

Here's what I came up with...

Frangipani flowers
It's a simple manicure that only uses few color combinations, but still look very sweet.

Details
I did all details (the pink base and flowers) using nail art brush. I know it's easier to use tape to get clean lines from the pink base, however, that makes the edge of the line becomes slightly thicker, and it becomes a problem when I draw the flowers. So, I find it's better to draw the lines using brush!

Feminine and sweet colors!
I like how this manicure matches with the kebaya, and it makes me feel so lady-like to wear this manicure along with the pretty kebaya x)  

Hopefully the photos from the shoot turn great, can't wait to see the result!

Until next time, see you!

Love,

Chikka

p.s. Vacation to Puncak! :) See it here

No comments:

Post a Comment