Friday 19 July 2013

Lasik Preparation!

Hiya! Yeah, I'm planning to do lasik yay! Like, finally hehehe x)

I've been wearing glasses since primary 4, so I was around...10 year old? Woah, I've been wearing glasses for 11 years so far! Anyway, both my eyes have myopia and astigmatism , even though the myopia is only 2.5 and the astigmatism is only 0.5. Still, I need to wear glasses.

I remember the first time I wore glasses, I hate it to the max ew. Some more, at that time I was also still wearing braces, have frizzy hair, and I was obesed xP Oh, I also haven't do eye surgery to fix my Strabismus (cross-eye) eyes. I think that's enough description to imagine how fugly I was, right! Anyway, here's a picture of me 5 years ago...

From the era when photo-filter haven't been invented, circa 2008.
Yeah. I know right. Fugly to the max lol. Look at my gigantic arms hahaha! Thank God for whoever invented pretty photo-filters and liquifying photo apps. Anyway, that's 5 years ago, and here I am now.....

5 years later...
Straight hairs, straight eyes, (temporarily) without glasses, with make up and 14 kg lighter hahaha! Thanks to puberty! That one was taken during my Graduation Book photo shoot.

Taken yesterday at the Opthalmology Clinic
Close-up photo of the 2013 version of Chikka xP Not saying that I'm pretty now, I think anyone will look pretty with filters and liquify effect anyway. But I think I'm much more decent-looking now compared to 5 years ago! #narcissism 

Back to the lasik thingy, ever since I know about this procedure, I've been wanting to do it. However, to do this, I have to be at least 20 year old to make sure my eyes are already stabile. Last year I was still busy with school, so I didn't really have time to do it, and my ophthalmologist suggested that I wait until I'm 21 year old before proceeding with the surgery.

So yeah, I went to see my ophthalmologist (who also did my Strabismus surgery) to consult for the lasik thing. He said based on my eyes' minus and plus, it should be okay to do it. However, before he can do the surgery, I still need to do several tests like retina thickness test, the tears level, etc..

In total I did seven tests today, basically spent my entire morning at the clinic, getting my eyes poked and tested. The tests are mostly okay and not painful, however there are two tests that scare me to death. 

One of the test is the retina thickness test, if I'm not wrong. The nurse pokes my eyeballs, literally, with this thin clear stick. Before she did that, she put eyedrops into my eyes to make the eyeballs numb. Then she poked my eyeballs several times for each eye -___- 

She was really nice, actually. She's very patient with me who kept moving on the chair like a fish out-of-water xP But I was so scared she will accidentally poke my eyeballs too hard and I will go blind for the rest of my life :| I guess I watched too much Final Destination, when there is this girl who wants to do lasik, but the laser cut her eyeballs into two instead omg. (See the screen shot here, warning: it's gory image.)

When she poked my eyes, it was not painful, but I keep feeling scared because I can feel the stick poking my eyes. Trust me, it's not a good feeling at all. After that, she gave me anti-infection eyedrops to prevent any infection since my eyeballs were touched by outside article.

The next test that I find annoying is the tear level test. The nurse put a piece of paper at my bottom eyelids and I need to close my eyes for 5 minutes. This test is not scary like the previous one, however it's pretty uncomfortable since I can feel the papers poking my eyes a bit as well. After I opened my eyes, they were SUPER DRY. So dry until it's even painful to blink. However, the nurse gave me moisturizing eyedrops afterwards and my eyes felt better soon.

The rest of the tests are quite normal, like taking pictures of my retina and checking my sugar blood level. Oh, by the way, the eyedrops that is used to numb my eyes also makes my visions a bit blurry and unfocused for several hours after.

Anyway, my ophthalmologist still needs to review my test results before proceeding with the surgery, however, the nurse said based on what she saw, my eyes have no problem at all to do lasik. So, if anything goes according plan, I will do the surgery on Tuesday, 23rd July! So excited!!!!

My retina photo, they wrote my name wrongly -__- It's CHIKKA!
Can't wait for a glasses-free life hahaha. It's not that I hate glasses, I think glasses are cute, however when they are a necessity rather than an option, they are quite a burden. I hate it when I already put make up, draw my eyes carefully, but because I wear glasses, my eye makeup also can't be seen clearly -__- 

Not to mention, it's very blurry when I swim. I know they have swimming goggles with minus lenses, but still, it's not the same like swimming with healthy eyes. Also, I can't wear sunnies sob sob. Actually yes, there are sunnies with prescribed lenses, but they're pretty pricey :( 

If you're wondering why I don't wear contacts, I can't. My tears level is already below normal, so wearing contacts will make my eyes even drier. Won't be comfortable at all. Sigh.

So yeah, hopefully everything goes smoothly so I can proceed with the lasik surgery! Wish me luck! <3

See you soon!

Love,

Chikka

p.s. Glittery Stars nails! See it here! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing Lasik Eye Surgery Near Me

    ReplyDelete