Thursday 18 July 2013

Look At My Pretty Nails: Glittery Stars

Hi ho! On my previous nail post, I painted my nails with stars to celebrate the 4th of July. This time, I do stars design again, however I followed this tutorial by I Have A Cupcake on how to paint the stars and to outline it as well. 

Glittery stars
I did this on my sister btw, so I suppose it's easier since I paint it on other people's nails hahaha x) Actually I think the outline colors are too pale :| Lesson's learned: It's much better to use darker color to do outline!

Side view
In the tutorial, I Have A Cupcake uses acrylic paint, but for this design, I fully use nail polish. I did try to use acrylic paint, and yes, it's easier to paint with it. However, I find that when you want to remove it, it's much harder than the usual polish. That's why I still prefer to use nail polish. However, I think when it comes to a more complicated design, acrylic paint might be a better option rather than nail polish.

So yeah, this is not my favorite design, to be honest :| Anyway, gotta keep learning to get better result! This looks better on real life, I don't know what's with the lighting :x 

Anyway, see you soon, guys! :)

Love,

Chikka 

No comments:

Post a Comment