Thursday 4 July 2013

Look At My Pretty Nails: Review of China Glaze Matte Magic

Hello all! You know those days, when even though you love doing your nails but you just feel so lazy to spend hours to paint is nicely? xP Well, it happened to me yesterday hahaha!

That's why I love tech-y nail polish, like crack, magnetic, and caviar polishes, because you still can get the salon-look manicure with minimal effort . My favorite one is especially the matte nail polish.

I think most of tech-y nail polish, especially crack, magnetic, and the one using flocking powder are fads xP sorry for those who like those polishes! it's just my humble opinion :| I find matte nail polish is actually quite classy and I love how it makes your nails look sophisticated. Ooh, another tech-y polish trend I love: Holographic polish! However, I still haven't get the chance to try it boo :(

Anyway, I find buying matte nail polish is so impractical because you need to buy many colors just to get the matte effect. Luckily, there are some brands that produce matte top coat. You just use the top coat on your normal polish and it will turn matte too!

So far, brands that I know that have matte top coat are China Glaze, OPI, and Essie. But I suppose now that matte nail is not exactly a new technology, many other brands start to have it as well. You can even find tutorials on Youtube on how to DIY matte top coat using cornstarch or steam!

However, I'm quite picky on my basic nail care (Base coat, top coat, and nail vitamins), so I decided to choose the matte top coat from China Glaze, since it's one of the most renowned nail polish brand in the world. It's called Matte Magic, and it only comes in one size, which is 9.6 mL (325 Fl.Oz).

The Matte Magic

It's quite tiny, actually. I got this from Scape Flea Market for $10. However, the SA told me that actually China Glaze already discontinued this top coat.

This is how it looks on my nails...

On light grey color

Right after I applied it, it actually really makes my nails look matte. The drying speed is also quite fast. However, after it is fully dried, I find that it became less matte? 

I actually quite like this top coat, since it's fast drying and very easy to apply, but the down side is the size is so tiny and I find the matte effect is not enough for me xP Hopefully later I can get the chance to try the OPI's and Essie's to test which matte top coat is the best!

Okie, hope this post is useful for you :) See you soon!

Love,

Chikka

p.s. Have you check my latest Fashion Hack post? See it here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment