Wednesday 10 July 2013

Staycation at Parkroyal Singapore

Staycation! Yay! Finally got the time to blog about this :D 

So, me and my friends had our graduation recently on 18 June 2013 at Fairmont Hotel. Actually it was only me, Gio, and Gemma's graduation, since SC and Fernnice graduated already last year. Feels so good to graduate after finishing those tiring (yet fun!) three years to get the Bachelor's Degree! It was a very fun night, since we rarely have the chance to meet all five of us in one occasion hehehe :)

One of the few photos which have all five of us xP
(l-r: Gemma, SC, Chikka, Fernnice, and Gio)
We decided to celebrate the graduation by having a one night staycation at Parkroyal Singapore on Pickering Road. SC helped us booked the hotel via Agoda.com to get better price, and we decided to get the Junior Suite, since it's the only room that have extra bed add-on.

So, on the date, I was so excited since this is the first time I have a staycation! Feel so kampong lol. I brought so many stuff considering it was only an overnight trip xP But I can't help it! Also, in my defense, I brought nail polishes and other nail art stuff because we will have a manicure night :D

Comparison of my stuff and Gemma's stuff
(Photo by Gemma)
Gemma, Fernnice, and Gio each only brought one medium-sized bag, and SC only brought one small backpack -__- While me, I brought one small luggage and a handbag :| Anyway, that's how our room's lounge looks like, but we'll get to the room later! (It looks so nice right!!!)

By the way, I have this very cute tin lunch box from Salvation Army, and I use it to store nail polishes. I brought it there because what it says is really applicable to our holiday...

It really is.
So true, right! Anyway, this is how the hotel looks like from outside. So niceee :)

Parkroyal on Pickering <3
We were supposed to get the Junior Suite on the first place, however, when we checked in with the concierge, there was a mistake in our reservation. The hotel somehow was sold out of the Junior Suite, but they offered to upgrade our room to King Suite with no additional charge. Of course we say yes!

The King Suite is located on the 14th floor and the view is AMAZING. We were so excited when we got there because we could see Singapore from great height so clearly! We even could see the sea, even though it's very tiny hahaha. Can see our school also!!

A small portion of the view from 14th floor
(Photo by Gemma)
Trying to look artsy lol
(Photo by Gemma)
Besides the view, the room itself is also very nice! It's already very spacious, and yet they still place mirrors at the right place to make the room looks even bigger.

This is how the room looks like...

(Photo by Gemma)
Please pardon my happy dance hahaha. This photo is taken candidly by our lady photographer Gemma x) The bathroom is also not disappointing at all! Everything is so neat and organized :)

The toiletries
(Photo by Gemma)
After putting all of our stuff (and took pictures, of course xP), we went to see the swimming pool. It's located on the 5th floor, but the view is very nice also. The size of the pool is not big, but it still looks so pretty.

Pretty!
Around the pool, there are also some tents with cushions inside for us to relax and just chill.

The pretty tent!
(Photo by Gemma)
The tents are so awesome right! The inside is a bit dirty, but it's still ok for me xP I can imagine relaxing inside, while having a nice cocktail with good Jazz playing <3

Near the pool, there is a walk path that's surrounded by plants. We took a walk there too to explore it x)

Exploring the walk path
(Photo by Gemma)
SC and Gemma the photographer lady! 
After exploring the hotel, we decided to walk to a mall next to the hotel (I think it's called Chinatown Point? Not so sure xP) to buy some food, and also because we wanted to go to Daiso hahaha. FYI, we're all Daiso lovers lol x)  From Daiso, I found this very cute tambourine from the toy section!

Summery pedicure + cute tambourine x)
I know it's useless stuff, but it looks so cute I can't help but buying it >< #impulsivebuyer But, I think in the end it became a really nice photo props hehehe xD

Playing with the tambourine :D
(Photo by Gio)
After playing outside, we just spent the rest of the evening at the hotel room, spending time together with the usual girl goofiness x)

Zhu Mama and Gypsi Gio xP
Lol at Gemma's face hahaha!
Love the tambourine <333
After playing around, we went to have dinner at this Thai restaurant that has a vintage western theme. The food was so-so, but as a vintage lover, I really love their decoration! The name of the restaurant is Folks Collective.
A vintage....slot machine? Not so sure what is this :| #failedvintagelover
(Photo by Gemma)
The centre piece: An antique gramophone
(Photo by Gemma)
After dinner, we decided to went back to hotel and have a bathtub party! Since the bathtub is big, we decided to just soak in the tub with swimwear while eating snacks and drinking beer and Breezer (or Long Island for me). Actually it was only me and Gemma who soaked in the tub since the others didn't bring their swimsuits xP

(Photo by Gemma)
(Photo by Gio)
The bathtub party was actually SC's idea, since she's the creative director in our group hahaha :D And we all really enjoyed the bonding time during the bathtub party!

After the tub party, we were so tired we just prepared to go to bed. However, since I brought nail polishes, I feel that it's such a waste if I didn't do anyone's nails, so I did Gemma's nails! I didn't bring all of my nail art stuff, so I just did this simple bunny design...

Bunnies <3
I chose this design because I think Gemma really looks like bunny hahaha, she has a very fair, to-die-for skin with pinkish cheek and nose, so cute just like bunnies hehe x) Btw, I did this design half sober lol, so please pardon some crooked lines >< Sorry, Gemma! Actually I still want to do the others' nails, but I was already so tired and sleepy :| Tried to do Fernnice's but the result is $%#*@ xP Anyway, after that we just went to sleep zzzzzzzz......

The next morning, we had the buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant called Lime. The food is so awesome omg omnomnomnom. My favorite one is....

Nutella-filled chocolate muffin!!!
The tag said that it's chocolate muffin, but it actually has Nutella filling! SO YUMMY OMG. I feel like I was in chocolate comatose when eating that hahaha. Gio and Gemma also like this muffin so much!

Honestly speaking, that was one of the best breakfast I ever had. The food varieties are wide and everything taste so yummy :D I didn't have lunch on that day because I ate so much during breakfast lol xP

Superb breakfast <3
After breakfast, we just played around at the pool and prepared our stuff because it was almost check out time boo :(

So yeah, that's basically how the staycation went! I honestly recommend this Parkroyal on Pickering Road to anyone who wants to chill and relax. The service and the place are superb, and our experience with this stay is really good :) Will definitely go back to this place someday!

Whoa, that was a long post hahaha, anyway, hope this post is useful for you who's looking for a nice staycation place in Singapore :)

Love,

Chikka

p.s. 4th of July nails! Quick! See it here! x)

No comments:

Post a Comment