Thursday 9 November 2017

(Review) STUDIO TROPIK Priming Water in #Original & #Flawless

How many of you got attracted to beauty products because of the packaging only? I'm guilty of that "beauty sin" haha πŸ™ˆ I was just scrolling through my Instagram feed when I saw a post from @pattdevdex of her photo shoot for Studio Tropik. On the photo, she was holding a white spray bottle with a splash of pink on it. Apparently, it's for Studio Tropik's Priming Water ads. So, what is Priming Water actually?

If you're familiar with primer and makeup setting spray, priming water is basically a lovechild between those two products. It's a primer in water form and you use it by spraying it to your face as the last step in your skincare and before makeup application. The objective of priming water is  to prolong your makeup and give it a matte or dewy look depending on the variant that you choose.

Studio Tropik offers two variants: #Original (blue) and #Flawless (pink). The #Original is formulated for combination to oily skin with matte finish, while the #Flawless is formulated for normal to dry skin with dewy finish. Both variants boast the benefit of rose water and aloe vera as the key ingredients. I really like their tagline btw, it's "Skin Care For Makeup Lovers" 😍
I got myself both variants while I was visiting the GoGirl! Beauty Market event. During the event, Studio Tropik was having promotion of buy any two priming waters and get a travel size (30ml) of any variants for free. 

I chose the #Flawless one as my free gift because since it has dewy finish, I plan to bring it around as instant makeup refresher from time to time. The full-size product is quite big (150ml), making the bottle not really travel-friendly, hence why I really appreciate that they gave me a travel size so I can bring it around in my purse for touch-up purpose.

Now let's start with the review for these babies! 

Packaging

It's actually the packaging that attracted me on the first place haha. The priming waters comes in cardboard boxes with Patricia Devina as the face for the #Flawless variant and Mentari De Marelle as the face for the #Original variant. You might be familiar with Mentari since she also modeled for RosΓ© All Day ads.

The cardboard box is sealed with holographic sticker to make sure it's unopened, and you can find information such as ingredients, how-to-use instruction, and manufacturer info on the box packaging easily. Inside is the actual product, housed in a 150ml spray bottle. The bottle and label artwork design reminds me of pretty Pinterest beauty products; minimalist with feminine touch. 5/5 for the packaging from me!
However, functionality-wise I need to say that the spray nozzle of this priming water sucks :( The instruction says to spray in 45 degree and 20cm away from face, but even though I aim the nozzle according to the instruction and facing towards my face, its spray direction is just all over the place. I don't know how to describe it, but when I aim it to my face, the nozzle somehow sprays the water mostly to my hair above and my neck below instead of my face. Does it make any sense? Studio Tropik, if you read this please improve your nozzle design :(

Formula

Since I have oily skin, the Sales Assistant of Studio Tropik advised me to use the #Original formula as primer and the #Flawless one as setting spray. I followed her instruction, and I must say that my makeup really lasts longer! However, I must note that this spray only works to prolong your makeup, so if you want to minimize your pore appearance, I advice you to still use your regular pore-minimizing primer before spraying this Priming Water.

These priming waters feel so refreshing and cooling on my skin, and they smell great too. Both variants have refreshing rose scent, even though it's pretty subtle and doesn't last long after application. 

As for the mattifying and dewy effect Studio Tropik claims, I must say I don't really notice this effect on my skin :( Perhaps it has something to do with what foundation or BB cream I use, but I have tried it with both matte foundation and hydrating BB cream, and I don't really see neither of the matte effect nor the dewyness compared to if I don't use the priming waters.

Where To Buy & Price

You can purchase the Priming Water from Studio Tropik website and Shopee, each retails for Rp99,000/150ml. 

Final Verdict

I still recommend this Priming Water since they really prolong my makeup and the price is pretty affordable. However, I can't really tell the difference between the #Original & #Flawless formula. I was also hoping by spraying the #Flawless variant as setting spray, the dewyness will help to hydrate my face especially on my dry patches, however, by noon the dry patches still appear and make my foundation looks cracked :(

I would advice that if you want to get this Priming Water, you can just choose either one since the difference between the two formulas are not really noticeable in my opinion.

Beside those cons, I still admire Studio Tropik because among local beauty brands who just sell lipsticks, Studio Tropik has the ball to enter this saturated market with a new innovative product. Kudos for their creativity!

Thanks for dropping by and reading this, Loves, talk to you soon! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment