Monday 13 November 2017

(Sponsored) GOBDIGOUN Luxury Korean Skin Care Review

There is no doubt that Koreans know good skin care. From dry skin to acne to anti-aging concerns, there are many Korean beauty products available to choose from. This time, I was given the opportunity to review Gobdigoun, a luxury Korean brand that has been established since 2010. 

A little background info about Gobdigoun, it is created by LG Household & Health Care Shop's Beautiplex and they have physical stores at Myeongdong and Chungmu in Seoul. They don't have any store yet in Indonesia, but fret not because you can still buy their products online.

Gobdigoun's Philosophy

Since Gobdigoun is a Korean beauty brand, they also believe in the Korean 7-step-skincare routine to achieve that bouncy, youthful skin. Hence why, their products are meant to be used as part of 7-steps-skincare routine. However, Gobdigoun advises that you custom your own routine depending on your skin type:

Dry Skin : 7 Steps
Normal Skin: 4 Steps
Oily Skin: 2 Steps

The difference between the 7, 4, and 2 steps is basically in the number of layers of serum/ampoule/lotion/hydrating agents that your skin needs. Dry skin obviously needs more hydration compared to oily skin, hence why it requires more layers of hydrating skincare compared to oily skin. 

Gobdigoun generously sent me 7 products in total that targets specifically at hydration, firmness, and brightening, so let's start the review for each product!

24K Golden Cream Placenta Power
What it is: 

This luxurious cream is Gobdigoun's best seller, and I'm not surprised because look at how extra the packaging is! This day & night moisturizer cream comes in 50ml jar, and it is enriched with placenta obtained from Australian sheep, real gold flecks, and also contains 47% Centella Asiatica extract. 

Placenta is basically protein that encourages your skin to produce more collagen, hence making the skin looks youthful, firm, and retain skin's natural elasticity. Centella Asiatica is a plant that contains natural amino acids and beta carotene that are also excellent to firm up and soothe our skin. Real gold flecks are also added for brightening and glowing effect.
Extravagant packaging!
You can see the gold flecks on the cream, so pretty!
My verdict:

I have tried using this luxurious cream as my night moisturizer for two weeks, and it really hydrates my skin nicely. I initially thought that the cream will feel "heavy" due to its rich moisturizing properties, but actually the cream is quite lightweight and sinks almost immediately after I apply it to my skin.

The gold flecks also add a nice glow to my skin, even though the effect is temporary. This cream can be used as both day & night moisturizer, but I only use it as night cream since Gobdigoun also sent me a lotion with thinner consistency which I think suits my oily skin better.

However, after two weeks of usage, I can say that this cream is too heavy for my oily skin. It broke me out in jaws and chin area, even though the rest of my face feels more supple and bouncy. I suppose I will still use it on my forehead, nose, and under-eye since those areas react positively towards this cream compared to my jaws and chin.

Placenta Power Eye Cream
This eye cream also comes in extravagant, injection-like tube packaging. Look at the luxurious gold body! Each tube contains 30ml of the eye cream, a generous size compared to Western brand eye creams which normally only contains 15ml of product.
You can twist the bottom part of the tube to lock the eye cream dispenser. To get the product out, you just need to press the bottom and then the cream will be dispensed through the silicone tip.
What it is:

This eye cream also uses high-quality placenta as its key ingredient. The texture of the cream is light & creamy, with gel consistency. There is a slight floral scent to it, even though it disappears almost immediately after I apply it. You can apply the cream using the flexible silicone tip or using your fingers. I personally like to use my fingers because I find the silicone tip is too hard for my liking.

My verdict:

I quite like this eye cream because it's pretty hydrating. I haven't see any improvement yet for my dark circles, but I guess two weeks is not long enough to see significant result on dark circles. I will keep using it since there is no bad side effect from this eye cream on me.

Skin Milk Conditioner (Toner) & Lotion (Moisturizer)
The Skin Milk series is the latest range from Gobdigoun. There are 3 products in this range: Conditioner, Lotion, & Tinted Tone-Up Cream, and I was sent the Conditioner & Lotion products. I really like both of the packaging; the white & gold combination is really pretty! 

Conditioner (gold cap)

This toner comes in 150ml bottle and contains niacinamide, goat milk extract, and licorice extract as the star ingredients. The texture of this toner is slightly thicker than normal toner, and it has faint milky scent. This toner can be used in both morning & night time. 

Lotion (white cap)

This moisturizer comes in 100ml pump bottle, and it's enriched with niacinamide, avocado oil, and goat milk extract as the star ingredients. I normally use 1.5 pump and it's enough to moisturize my face and neck. It has similar scent like the Conditioner.

My verdict:

Unfortunately, these two also broke me out in jaws and chin area :( I think since Korean skincare really focus on hydration, it gets a bit too tense for my oily skin, hence the breakouts. In my opinion,  this skincare range is more suitable for someone with normal to dry skin.

Placenta Power Cellulose Gel Mask

This is actually the first time for me to try cellulose gel sheet mask. Each of this placenta gel mask comes in two piece: top part for your forehead, eyes, and nose, and bottom part for your jaws, mouth and chin. I think this mask is only sold in box packaging; one box contains two packs of the mask.

This gel mask feels so so cooling and hydrating on my skin! The hydration really lasts until the next day which I appreciate since it reduces the appearance of dry patches that I have. It doesn't break me out despite the intense hydration, so I really recommend this gel mask hehe.

3D Black Science & Water Baloon Sheet Mask in Aqua & Whitening
The remaining products that was sent to me are the sheet masks. There are 3 variants:

3D Black-Science: A two-part sheet masks that comes in top & bottom part like the cellulose gel mask. However, this one is made from normal sheet mask material and not cellulose gel. It contains diamond & volcanic minerals, pumpkin fruit extract, and marine collagen for pore-tightening and skin elasticity.

Water Baloon Aqua Sheet Mask (blue packaging): A sheet mask targeting at intense hydration.

Water Baloon Whitening Sheet Mask (pink packaging): A sheet mask targeting at whitening & hydration.

My verdict:

I like those three sheet-masks since they are really moisturizing. Compared to the sheet masks I normally use (Esfolio Sheet Mask), these Gobdigoun masks are more hydrating and moisturizing. I also can see the brightening effect even though it's not permanent. The essence of these three masks are quite thick and sticky, so I normally rinse my face afterwards with water to make the tackiness disappear.

3D Black Science Sheet Mask
To summarize, I think Gobdigoun's products are more suitable for people with normal to dry skin since they offer intense hydration that perhaps can overwhelm combination to oily skin. However, some of their products like the eye cream and sheet masks are very good for both dry and oily skin.

If you want to try their products, you can place your order through their Facebook page here. They offer free shipping worldwide using EMS and normally it will take 3-4 weeks for the products to arrive to Indonesia.

Thanks for visiting Loves, and talk to you soon! 😘

1 comment: