Wednesday 15 November 2017

(Review & Swatch) GLOU COSMETICS Lip Treat


New local solid lipstick yay! And no, it's not matte (thank goodness!). On the contrary, this lipstick from GLOU COSMETICS is pleasantly called Lip Treat due to its moisturizing, balm-like texture.  Even their slogan reads, "Every Lips Deserve A Treat." Sounds super good to me ♡

This Lip Treat uses rice bran oil as the core ingredient to produce lipstick that does not only look good, but feels good as well. As quoted from their website:
"Rice bran oil is naturally rich in vitamins, anti-aging benefits and antioxidant properties. The miracle substances of rice bran oil in our product could help brighten lips, retain lips moisture, protect them from UV Rays, and also provides other benefits it has to offer."
There are six shades in total, and all of the shades are inspired from exotic birds hues. The shades are divided into three categories:

  • The Nudes: Pink Parrot (nude rosy peach with pink touch) & Rosefinch (warm reddish brown)
  • The Pinks: Fruit Dove (pink mauve with violet touch) & Flamingo (bright fuchsia)
  • The Bolds: Purple Martin (deep vibrant purple) & Scarlet Macaw (intense berry red with pink undertone)

I ordered this lipstick online and Glou Cosmetics really impressed me with the super pretty box packaging. The box sleeve is illustrated with colorful birds of paradise, just like their shades inspiration. On the inside of the box, there is a positive message written to us Ladies ♡
The packaging of this lipstick is very sleek and minimalist. Both of the box and the lipstick tube comes in cool grey color tone with the brand name and copy-writing printed in gold. The packaging kind of reminds me of Boho Cosmetics, a natural makeup line that used to be sold in in Beauty Box. 

The lipstick tube is made from plastic and feels lightweight. Unfortunately, it feels quite flimsy. You know how a good lipstick tube twists up and down with a grip on it? This Lip Treat's tube twists up and down pretty loose, hence why it feels so flimsy. However, application-wise I have no problem with the packaging.


I got myself the shade Fruit Dove, and I totally love it! It really feels so moisturizing like lip balm, but with super intense pigmentation. One swipe and I get full opacity on my lips. For the finish, this Lip Treat leans more towards satin rather than creamy finish.

This Lip Treat also lasts very long for a non-matte solid lipstick. It lasts 5-6 hours on me before it feels a bit dry and I need to reapply to get the moisturizing effect again. It doesn't make my lips dry and flaky, though. At the end of the day, my lips still feel moisturized and supple.

Another thing I need to mention is how similar the shade Fruit Dove is to Stila Patina! I've been looking for a solid lipstick version of Stila Patina and I'm so happy that I found it in this Lip Treat. Also, Stila Patina always turns dark on me after it dries down, but this Lip Treat in shade Fruit Dove can maintain that pink-mauve shade without turning dark at all. 
Well, it's not exactly same like Stila Patina, but the similarity is quite high! Honestly, I like the shade Fruit Dove better because it's slightly more pink than Stila Patina.
Here's how the shade Fruit Dove looks on me. I super love this lipstick! I hope Glou Cosmetics will launch more shades because their formula is just oh-so good.

This Lip Treat retails for Rp129,000/each, and you can purchase them on Glou Cosmetics website and their Shopee store.

I hope this review is useful for you, thanks for reading, Loves! Talk to you soon 😘

1 comment:

  1. Printed cosmetic boxes adorned in holiday splendor—unwrap the secrets to a dazzling festive look!

    ReplyDelete