Monday 14 August 2017

(Review & Swatch) NYX Full Throttle Eyeshadow Palette

I have to admit, I'm often lost on how to apply eyeshadows. I can only apply a maximum of four colours in one use: Crease, Lid, Outer V, and Brow Bone. I can't create complicated eyeshadow look using more than four colours or they tend to end up in one color: muddy brown. Thanks to you, my small eyelids area 😒

That's why, I have a special place in my makeup heart for quad eyeshadow palettes. They're no-brainer to use and normally has compact packaging that's very travel-friendly.

However, I notice normally quad eyeshadow palettes tend to play it safe when it comes to colour. Mostly, they only come in colours like nudes, greys, and browns. I yearn for quad palettes with bolder colour, please!

When NYX launched their Full Throttle Eyeshadow Palettes, I was immediately drawn to the shade Color Riot because of the warm brown & orange shades, however that particular shade is sold out every where so I decided to get the shade Explicit instead (pictured above & below).
Explicit comes in four shades: matte dark chocolate, warm brown with gold shimmer, matte teal, and satin champagne. The reason why I got this palette is solely because of the matte teal shade. It's such a pretty green that will match my newly-colored green hair perfectly!

Packaging-wise, I really love how compact it is, yet it still has nice studs design on the front that definitely feels edgy yet not over-the-top. It doesn't come with mirror or applicator but I really don't mind considering the price is only IDR140,000/SGD14.
This eyeshadow palette is made in Taiwan and like other NYX products, it is cruelty-free.
As you can see from the swatches above, the pigmentation of this shadows is superb. All shades are very pigmented, considering this is a drugstore brand. The texture is a bit chalky and has a small tendency to fall-out, but they're still tolerable. They all feel buttery smooth and very blendable. They do not crease on me if I wear primer, and they last a decent amount of time too.

The matte teal and warm brown are the crème de la crème. They really are bold and surprisingly, quite versatile to be used for everyday makeup. I also super love how it's so easy to control how bright you want the teal shade to be. You can mix the dark brown on top of the teal to make it darker and less bold, or you can just use the teal alone when you feel like a rock star hehe.


I'm using all four shades for the look above. Warm brown for crease, teal for lid, dark brown for outer V, and champagne for brow bone. Love love how it matches my hair whee!

I purchased the shadows from Beauty Haul Indo, and I look forward to try the shade Color Riot too when it becomes available again.

Thanks for reading, Loves, talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment