Friday 18 August 2017

(Review) Esfolio Sheet Mask Review: Clean Skin Mask & Essence Mask

Have you ever heard of this Korean skincare brand called Esfolio? I found out about this brand around few months ago from elevenia. Some of this brand's hero products are the sheet masks and aloe vera gel.

I've tried both of their sheet masks and aloe vera gel and I like both of them. However, in this post I will only review the sheet masks first.

The sheet masks come in two type: Clean Skin Mask and Essence Mask. The name's very confusing for me, because on both of the packaging, they both use "Essence Mask Sheet" as product names. The significant difference for me is the packaging; the Clean Skin one has matte packaging with cute illustration, while the Essence Mask has glossy packaging with photo of the ingredient it contains.

Esfolio Clean Skin Sheet Mask

I personally like the Clean Skin's packaging better simply because it's cuter haha. As you can see from the photos above, there are 9 variants for this sheet masks. They are sold in a bundle set containing each 9 variants, so you get to try all of the variants they have. The 9 variants itself are:
  • Milk
  • Red Ginseng
  • Volcanic Ash
  • Green Tea
  • Snail
  • Aloe
  • Egg
  • Honey
  • Pearl
The essence itself has different scent for each variation. My favorite ones are Milk & Honey. Both smell so good! The sheet mask is very thin but not easily get torn. It is thinner compared to Innisfree and Etude's sheet masks, which is good in my opinion because thinner means it absorbs the essence less and therefore allows our skin to absorbs more essence, right?

I normally leave this mask on my freshly-cleaned skin for 15-20 minutes before taking it off. The essence inside the mask feels moisturizing without overly sticky, but I will still rinse my face afterwards with cold water, and then proceed with using toner and eye cream.

After I use these masks, my skin feels very supple and moisturized, so supple until I can skip my night moisturizer. I need to say that this Esfolio mask is the best sheet mask I've ever tried. Normally, I don't like to use Korean & Japanese sheet masks because I find the essence they use are very sticky, however it's not the case with this Esfolio mask. This sheet mask also doesn't break me out, so yay!

This Esfolio Cleas Skin sheet masks retail for IDR70,000/9pcs, and you can buy it here.
Esfolio Essence Mask Sheet

The Esfolio Essence Mask Sheet comes in 6 variants and they're also sold in a bundle containing one from each variants. The 6 variants as you can see from photos above are:
  • Aloe
  • Snail
  • Banana
  • Bird's Nest
  • Pearl
  • Red Ginseng
My favorite variant is Banana because it smells like Korean Banana Milk. So yummy! I don't think there is any difference between this one and the Clean Skin type, and I think they both contain the same essence that is not overly sticky yet very moisturizing. This sheet masks also doesn't break me out, so that's one plus point for me.

The only difference that I can note is that for this type, the sheet mask is slightly thicker, similar like Innisfree and Etude's sheet masks. Hence why, I like the Clean Skin one better because I feel that it's slightly more moisturizing then the Essence type.

This Esfolio Essence Mask Sheet is sold at IDR38,900/6pcs and you can buy it here.

I hope this review is helpful for you, and I highly recommend this sheet mask for you who have dehydrated skin.

Thanks for reading and talk to you soon 😘

1 comment:

  1. hi. saya mahu bertanya. adakah esfolio mask ini halal ? kerana terdapat mask dari kolagen babi yang juga dijual olehnya. adakah mask selain dari mask kolagen babi nya halal ? terima kasih ya.

    ReplyDelete