Sunday 13 August 2017

(Sponsored) #BaborIndonesiaXClozetteID Skin Care Class


I've had the opportunity to attend a skin care class held by Babor Indonesia and Clozette Indonesia on 29th September 2017. This event is held at La Madame Restaurant at Hang Tuah Raya no.8. La Madame restaurant itself is a super pretty restaurant with this peranakan style, and it totally gives this skin care class a Soirée vibe.


Back to the skin care class, it is held by Babor Indonesia & Clozette Indonesia. Babor itself is an already established skin care brand from Germany and their legacy has been around for 61 years. For this skin care class, they shared on how to give the right TLC for sensitive skin (like mine!). 
It starts from:
  1. Double-cleansing with their Hy-Öl cleansing oil & Phytoactive Base
  2. Scrub 1-2x/week (I skipped this since I had some active zits during the event) 
  3. Toner using Babor Thermal Spray (it's something like facial mist but this one smells so good)
  4. Moisturize using Babor Skinovage Vita-Balance moisturizer
  5. UV Protection using Babor Sun Care System with SPF20
That skincare products are suitable for someone with sensitive and dry skin for AM routine. For PM routine, it's almost the same except for night routine, you can add Babor famous skin ampoule after toning.

Product Review
Cleansing Oil Hy-Öl & Phytoactive Base

This unique bi-phase cleansing oil has the ability to deep-cleanse your skin without drying it out by combining water and oil. These are made from plant-based extracts like soybean, sesame, and peanut. Quillaja extract also intensifies the cleansing action without causing any tightness. 

There is only one type of the Hy-Öl, however there are few types of the Phytoactive base, depending on what your skin concern is. Pictured above is the one targeted for dry skin.

How to Use:

Apply 4 pumps of Hy-Öl to dry skin, then put 2 pumps of Phytoactive on top of it. Using wet fingers, massage into the skin until a milky emulsion is formed. Rinse off thoroughly with plenty of cold water.

I personally have oily skin and these cleansers are for dry skin, so perhaps that's why on me, these cleansers make my skin even more oilier than normal. However, I must admit that right after using this, my skin feels so moisturized and bouncy!
Skinovage Vita-Balance Moisturizer

This moisturizer contains encapsulated oxygen to fully hydrate your stressed out skin. The texture of this moisturizer is creamy but sinked quite fast into the skin. Again, since this cream is targeted for dry skin, it makes my skin even more oilier than normal :(

Sun Care System SPF20

I like this SPF since it protects the skin from both UVA and UVB rays. The texture of the cream is quite light & creamy, even though I like my SPF to be in gel form due to my skin type. It doesn't break me out and only makes my skin a tad bit more oilier than usual.

Babor SPA Energizing Peeling Shower Gel 

This shower gel smells so good! It is infused with tangy mandarin & lime, hence the super refreshing scent. I'm so in love with how luxurious the smell is omg. And the scent still lingers on your body hours after you use it!

I need to mention that Babor often has partnership with 5 star hotels and resorts around the world to create spa & bath products for them, hence why I'm not surprised this Mandarin & Lime shower gel really smells super luxurious.
Revitalizing Oxygen Fluid Ampoule

Moving on to Babor's star products: The Skin Ampoules. Babor has in total 13 variants for the skin ampoules, targeted at various skin concerns like dehydrated skin or dull skin. Pictured above is their Revitalizing Oxygen, targeted at stressed & tired skin.

This treatment is packed in small glass ampoule that you need to break prior using. Each ampoule is designed for one-time application only, therefore you need to finish all of the liquid in one time use. The reason why you need to finish it all is because once the liquid is contacted with open air, it will slowly lose its efficiency.

Plus, the dosage of each ampoule is already measured properly so it's actually just the right amount to give your skin all of the goodness it contains.

How To Use:

Use after cleansing & toning. Shake the ampoule and wrap a tissue around its neck. Hold the ampoule firmly, and with a sharp movement snap it open at the lower, colored ring. Alternatively, use the enclosed ampoule opener. Pour the fluid into the palm of your hand and smooth evenly over the face, neck and décolleté. Pat gently into the skin before applying a moisturizing cream

This ampoule is sold at 7pcs/box, and you are advised to use it between 7-21 consecutive days. You need to rest your skin for a while before starting over with this highly-concentrated treatment.

I like this treatment, however since you need to use it for a minimum of 7 days and I only used it for 1 day, I guess the effect is not tangible yet to the eyes except for the moisturizing effect.

I am lucky enough to win one of their ampoule box from Babor's Instagram contest during the event hehe, so I was given this box containing their Anti-Aging ampoules. I was informed that 25 is the right age to start using anti-aging treatment, so I feel so happy I was given this ampoule set (worth IDR680,000/SGD70) to try the magic after the 7th day of usage.

I'm currently on my 6th day and I need to say my skin really loves this treatment! My skin feels very hydrated, not just after using, but also on the day after. My skin tone also improved, making the tone looks more even. I also almost didn't get any zit this week, only 1 or 2 small zits that disappeared fairly quickly without leaving any scars. It does brighten my overall complexion too.
Me with Babor & Clozette Team after winning the ampoules

Babor also has makeup range and it's just so good omg. It's not launched yet in Indonesia, but we were given the opportunity to try some of their makeup products.
The packaging is really the crème de la crème. They are all so luxurious and have nice weight to it OMG. The serum foundation has dropper applicator, and the lipstick comes with magnetic closure. 
I just died and went to makeup Heaven 😵
My final verdict about Babor is I think they make good skincare & makeup products, however I didn't get the opportunity to try their oily skin care range. I'm sure those products given to me suits more for those with dry skin type. I gave my products to my sister since she has dry skin and I believe she will like those products more than me hehe.

You can buy Babor products at:

Jakarta: J.F.Lazartigue Hair Studio (Plaza Indonesia lv.4)

Surabaya: Lepolita

Bandung: Jayanata

I'm gonna end this long post with some #OOTD picture and Insta-worthy images I took on that day 😛


The dress code for this event is pink btw.
Dress: Anokhi
Sneakers: Keds
Earrings: Massicot
Clutch: Byo
Pretty Peranakan style tiles at La Madame meaning Shoe Selfie haha.
Yummy coffee at La Madame
Thanks for reading, Loves, talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment