Thursday 3 August 2017

(Review) Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer

Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer
Makeup works wonder on top of good primer, and I take my primer routine very, very seriously. My usual go-to primer is Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner, and I have used so many tubes of those (I'm currently on my 6th tube). However, I'm curious to try this Pore Perfecting Primer from Urban Decay since I also use their All Nighter Foundation, so perhaps using foundation and primer from one brand will have better performance? 

The Pore Perfecting Primer is housed in a 28ml tube, and the tube shape resembles their cult-favorite Eyeshadow Primer Potions. The primer itself is disposed through this long, funnel-like opening.  I personally think the shape of the funnel is too long, and I'm scared it will break into two if I'm not careful when I open the twist-turn cap.

Aside from the awkward funnel shape, I quite like the packaging since it's pretty compact, even though I think it's quite stingy of UD to only give 28ml worth of product instead of the standard 30ml, given the high price tag this primer comes with (USD31).
The primer consistency
The primer alone comes in medium-consistency thickness. It feels like silicone-based primer, even though it doesn't feel as plastic as Benefit Porefessional or The Balm Time Balm primer. This primer is slightly beige-tinted with pink undertone, however once blended I don't see any color difference on my skin at all.

Upon usage, my face immediately turned matte. Like, super matte. Even more matte than my HG Bioderma primer. My pores literally disappear too! I was so excited to see such good result from this primer.

However, I must say that even though upon application this primer performs like a true champion, it lacks so bad in oil-control department. Within 3 hours of usage, my skin is so oily it feels like I didn't use any primer at all. When I use my Bioderma primer, it gives me a good 5 hour before I need to start blotting my face. My foundation also disappear faster when I use this primer instead of my usual Bioderma primer.

This primer kinda broke me out too. At the end of the day, I realized I have tiny bumps on my jawline, and I believe this primer is the culprit since I didn't use any different product other than this primer on that day.
Upon blended the color disappears
Sad to say this, but I think this primer is not suitable for my oily skin. However, this primer perhaps is more suitable for those with combination to dry skin who wants to conceal their pores perfectly. I must admit I really like its ability to hide my pores and how matte my skin looks like upon application!

I'm selling this preloved primer in my shop, you can check it out here in Tokopedia.

Thanks for reading, Loves, talk to you soon 😚

No comments:

Post a Comment