Friday 4 August 2017

My Frida Kahlo Tattoo

My Frida Kahlo Tattoo
I finally got my wrist tattoo covered up! Ever since I made my Le Petit Prince tattoo, I've been wanting to redo my constellation tattoo at Revolver also. The reason is because even though I still like my constellation tattoo, I think it can be pretty much improved if the dots are much smaller and finer. Also, compared to my Le Petit Prince tats, this constellation tattoo looks pretty old school.

Since both of my Le Petit Prince and constellation tattoo are placed on my forearms, I want them to look somehow consistent, hence why I decided to cover up my constellation tattoo. I think I will make another tats for the constellation, however I'm still considering where should the placement be hehe.

For the cover up design, I've been thinking for a while that I want a Frida Kahlo tattoo. I have always admire her and her art. She's a truly remarkable woman who lived way ahead of her time and is one of my favorite feminist heroines. It doesn't hurt that her appearance—including her uni-brow—is very quirky and overall suits my personal style too. 

Here's how my constellation tattoo looks like before the coverup:
And here's how it looks like after the cover up (click to enlarge):
You can still see a little bit of the dots even after the cover up because the bright colors on the flower crown can't fully conceal the black dots, however I still love it nevertheless. How adorable is this tats design 😍 I love how Christine from Revolver is able to make such fine and delicate details on the hair and brows.

For the flower crown, I took inspiration from Rifle Paper & Co fabric swatch. These fabrics are from their Mexican Folk Art series and I think it's a very appropriate design to be placed as Kahlo's flower crown. Such bright and cute color combinations indeed!
Image Source
Thank you again to Revolver and Christine for another lovely ink work. Can't wait to make some more inks with you guys hahaha. 

Thanks for reading and talk to you soon, Loves! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment