Sunday 23 April 2017

(Review + Video) Juvia's Place Nubian Palette

Juvia's Place Nubian Palette
I have to admit, I'm not an eyeshadow kind-of-girl. Since I have small eyelids and eye area, I don't think I can do a lot of things with my eye makeup. However, when I saw many Beauty Gurus on YouTube raved about Juvia's Place's eyeshadow palettes, I couldn't help but to research more on this brand.

From my little research, I knew that Juvia's Place is a Black-owned cosmetics company who is specialized in eyeshadows. Their range of colours are amazing, from nudes to bright reds and greens and blues. 

I had my eyes on their latest palette, the Saharan Palette, and I already purchased it but it's still on its way to me. I suppose I will receive it by next week yay! Gonna make a separate blog post to review it.

Even though I already ordered the Saharan palette, during the election day of Jakarta governor last week, so many online shops offered election day sale. I stumbled upon a great deal by juicemixmax, where they were having 19% off storewide on the election day. I saw that they had Juvia's Place Nubian Palette and after discount it was sold for IDR377,000/SGD40 (Normal Price is IDR450,000). I was hesitant at first to also get the Nubian palette since I already have nudes eyeshadow palette.

I already have The Balm Nude 'Tude palette and feel pretty satisfied with it, but I just couldn't pass the deal and decided to get the Nubian Palette as well 🙈 Btw, I'm selling my preloved The Balm Nude 'Tude Palette, you can check it out in my shop ðŸ˜™ (I'm selling it not because it's a bad palette, but because I think one nude eyeshadow palette is enough hehehe)
The Cover
Now back onto the palette, let's start with the packaging. It comes in a green box with Nefertiti illustration on it. The palette itself is made from cardboard material, and it feels very similar like City Colour palette packaging. It just doesn't feel luxurious and to be honest....feels a bit cheap. It doesn't come with mirror too, sadly.
The Shadows
Now let's get onto the real stuff. The shadows! The size of each pan is around the size of Indonesian Rp500 coin, so I would say it's a pretty decent pan size for a palette. It comes with 12 nude colours, with shimmer, matte, and even foiled texture. These shadows don't come with shade names, which makes it difficult to refer which shade you're referring to. My favorite one is the fourth shadow on second row! It has foiled and oh-so-buttery texture. If you like Colourpop Super Shock Shadow, this one is similar but even better ♡
Swatch
The texture of these shadows make me want to cry 😭😭😭 They're so buttery and soft and ultra pigmented! I already tried using it for whole day and they don't crease on me. All the reviews out there are true, ladies, this palette is insanely good!
Made in PRC!
I was surprised to see that this palette is made in PRC. With the quality of the shadows, it didn't occur at all to me that it's made in PRC.

I made a video to review this palette, you can watch it here:


Thanks for visiting, Loves, talk to you soon 😘


No comments:

Post a Comment