Saturday 15 April 2017

(Review) The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc PCA 1%

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Hi guys, here's my individual review for The Ordinary serums that I wrote about in my previous post about The Ordinary as a brand. You can read more about The Ordinary with their missions there.

In this post, I will talk about the Niacinamide serum. In The Ordinary website, they describe this as "High-Strength Vitamin and Mineral Blemish Formula"

Taken from The Ordinary website
I use this serum because it says it helps to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. Based on this article on LiveStrong:

"Niacinamide is prescribed by dermatologists for the treatment of acne. The Stedman's Medical Dictionary at Drugs.com writes that the element is provided as a gel for topical use. The dictionary recommends using a mild soap to cleanse skin before applying the gel to prevent further dryness."

Even though the article said "using a mild soap to cleanse skin before applying the gel to prevent further dryness", implying that the serum might cause dryness, I didn't even experience any dryness due to the usage of this serum. However, that might be because of my oily skin. People with dry skin should take note of this prior using this serum.

This serum comes with dropper packaging, and has clear thick gel texture.
Texture
I use two drops of this every morning, before applying eye cream & spot treatment. This spreads easily in my face, and it feels sticky right after I apply it onto my face. The stickiness kinda feels like after you use Korean sheet mask and your skin just soaked in the mask essence. However, the stickiness soon disappear and leaving the skin feels bouncy and supple. It doesn't make my face become more oily.

After 2 months incorporating these 4 serums (Niacinamide, Arbutin, Retinoid, & Buffet), I feel my skin becomes bouncier, pores become smaller, acne scars slightly fading, and I almost never get cystic pimples. I occasionally have new active zits, but they're the small kind with white heads, which normally will just disappear in 1-3 days.

I've been using this serum for almost 3 months now, and the 30ml bottle is still half full. It is very affordable too, I purchased mine from Benscrub for IDR189,000.

To conclude, I really recommend this skincare line! I will definitely repurchase once it runs out (which probably will still be in quite some time!)

Thanks for reading, Loves, talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment