Saturday 15 April 2017

(Review) The Ordinary Skin Care By Deciem

The Ordinary
Beauty comes with price tag. In the world where people actually spend hundreds of dollar to purchase skincare products, beauty companies make us think that higher price tag means higher quality. Remember La Mer and Guerlain cream? Creme De La Mer costs $170 per 60ml, and Guerlain Orchidee Imperial Cream costs a whooping $455 per 48ml.

Crazy right? 

That's why, when Deciem (who dubbed themselves as "The Abnormal Beauty Company") launched The Ordinary, it took beauty kingdom by surprise.

With their slogan "Clinical Formulations with Integrity", The Ordinary exists to communicate with integrity and bring to market effective, more familiar technologies at honourable prices. Their mission is to bring commodity beauty item at affordable price, in contradiction with some other beauty companies that market commonplace technology as groundbreaking invention. 

The Ordinary are free of parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, animal oils, benzalkonium chloride, coal tar dyes, formaldehyde, mercury,  and oxybenzone. It is also an animal cruelty-free brand. Yay to that! You can read more about their missions in their "About" page here.

I was so excited when I learned about this brand and wanted to try it, especially since it's pretty affordable for skin care (price ranges from $9.80 to $19.90). However, since UK brands are more difficult to find in Indonesia compared to US brand, it took me a while before finally I could get my hands on these babies. Most of Instagram shops don't have ready stock and I need to do pre-order, which usually could take up to one month. I'm too impatient for that, so when Benscrub finally have this brand, I immediately purchased these from them.

At first, I was confused with which products should I try first, since The Ordinary names their products not with the function, but with the star ingredients. It's less gimmicky, but for common people, it takes a while to know what product do what thing, you get what I mean? Hahaha.

Luckily, The Ordinary helps their customer to understand better about each product's functionality and regime direction in this pretty detailed page. In general terms, water formulations should be applied before oil formulations and they recommend using a maximum of three serum formulations in a single regimen.

Based on that information, I finally decided to try 4 serums:

1. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: vitamin for blemished skin ($9.80/30ml)
2. Advanced Retinoid 2%: peeling & anti-wrinkle ($14.90/30ml)
3. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA: post-acne mark treatment ($12.90/30ml)
4. "Buffet": anti-aging serum ($19.90/30ml)

I write another blog posts to talk specifically about those serums, just click on the product name above to go to the individual reviews.

Here's how I incorporate those serums in my daily skincare routine:

AM:
1. Facial Wash
2. Micellar Water
3. Hydrating Toner
4. "Buffet"
5. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
6. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
7. Eye Cream
8. Spot Treatment
9. Kieh's Daily Reviving Concentrate
10. Moisturizer
11. Sun Protection

PM:
1. Facial Wash
2. Micellar Water
3. Hydrating Toner
4. "Buffet"
5. Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
6. Advanced Retinoid 2%
7. Eye Cream
8. Spot Treatment
9. Facial Oil
10. Kieh's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

After 2 months incorporating these 4 serums, I feel my skin becomes bouncier, pores become smaller, acne scars slightly fading, and I almost never get cystic pimples. I occasionally have new active zits, but they're the small kind with white heads, which normally will just disappear in 1-3 days.

I've been using these serums for almost 3 months now, and the 30ml bottles are still half full. It's really affordable and works well omg.

To conclude, I really recommend this skincare line! I will definitely repurchase once it runs out (which probably will still be in quite some time!)

Thanks for reading, Loves, talk to you soon 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment